CHAPTER NINETY-FIVE: Tomura II

NOTES: I just realized, Dabi's supposed to be 25, and in this au, Tenko's supposed to be 20. Um... I think it should be Tenko calling Dabi 'onii-chan'! XD

Also, important heads up, Tenko's Decay in this au functions differently from canon. ^v^

---

"Izuku, dinner's getting cold." Tenko heard another voice from the other side of the call, and recognized the voice as Ingenium's little brother.

"Okay, I'll be there!" Izuku told his friend before talking back into the phone, "I'll go eat now. Remember your promise, okay, Tenko-niichan~"

Tenko heard his brother chuckle before hanging up.

He could only let out a sigh before pinching the bridge of his nose in distress and saying, "That nickname won't go away anytime soon, will it? Damn you, Dabi."

Then Tenko moved his knight, making it one move away from getting Dabi's king, "Check."

"I'm not the one who decided to try and use his brother to piss off the other person in the room." Dabi retorted with a smirk as he moved one of his bishops to take out Tenko's knight.

"But you actually have a good relationship with your brother, don't you? He sounds like he really trusts you." Dabi commented as he looked up to watch Tenko ponder which piece to move.

Tenko hummed, "Is that what you noticed? Is it from personal experience? Weren't you pretty close to your second youngest brother?" Tenko asked in a matter-of-factly manner before moving a pawn.

Dabi frowned, "And you know that how?"

Tenko just smiled while looking down at the chess board.

(a/n: his father is an expert stalker, why assume he wouldn't be?)

Won't get an answer for that, huh? Dabi thought as he moved his remaining rook.

"But aren't you worried?" Dabi asked Tenko.

"Of what?" Tenko asked as he moved his queen, not thinking much of where this question will head to.

"Like I said before, your brother seems to trust you a lot. Aren't you worried of how he'll react once he learns you're 'Tomura Shigaraki', the leader of the League of Villains? He is training to become a hero, isn't he?" Dabi elaborated as he moved his rook once again.

Tenko furrowed his brows, then he threw the question back at his opponent as he moved his king, "What about you? How do you think the rest of your family will react once they see you?"

Dabi smiled after realizing where Tenko moved his king to, Big mistake.

"Well, my situation's different. They think I'm dead. We have no recent attachments." Dabi said as he grabbed his queen.

"You, on the other hand, you're still in your brother's life. It'll break him once it's revealed that you're a villain. The trust between you the two of you will be snapped broken, just like that."

Tenko sat there in pondering silence as he watched Dabi's queen take out his king, only just realizing the fatal mistake he made a moment ago.

"Checkmate, Tenko-niichan." Dabi smirked.

Tenko shrugged and gave Dabi the 'praise' he was due, "You got me there."

As Dabi stood up from his seat, the space in the room was displaced and one of Kurogiri's portals appeared. Out came Jin and Kurogiri.