CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO: Friends II

The whole class was caught off guard when their two classmates suddenly bowed, "We're so sorry! Izuku, Shouto, Tenya, Momo, Katsuki, we're sorry!"

The named students were shocked by the two girls' actions.

"Ochaco, Tsu-chan, w-why are you apologizing?" Izuku asked them.

Ochaco and Tsuyu stood straight revealing tearing eyes.

"I should've went with you, Izuku. I felt bad that I couldn't do anything during the villains' attack. Then, you, Shouto, and Tenya went to risk your lives to save Shinso... but I still didn't do anything." Ochaco's tears fell down her cheeks, "I'm not worthy of being your friend."

"No, Ochaco... it's... you shouldn't think that. We— I understand why you didn't go." Izuku went near her, "You shouldn't feel that you needed to come with us to be our friend."

"I made everyone worry. I was so mad at myself for losing Shinso to the villains that I started acting not like myself. I didn't consider anyone else's feelings at all, and I forced our friends to think of a plan to get Shinso back." Izuku explained.

"Ochaco, Tsu-chan, please don't be mad at yourselves. You didn't do anything wrong." Izuku told them.

"But my words were harsh, kero." Tsuyu interjected, "I called you a villain for wanting to get Shinso back. You weren't acting like yourself and I thought I could snap you back to the Izuku we knew, kero."

"But it didn't work and you still went..." Tsuyu's tears fell, "I'm so sorry, kero."

"Tsu-chan, Ochaco," Momo walked towards her classmates, "Please, don't blame yourselves."

"You all tried to stop us, but we still continued instead." Momo stated, "We understand that we broke your trust, but that's what this room competition was about."

"We wanted a fresh start, something to make us forget about everything that happened." Toru explained.

"But it seems like it wasn't the best route." Said Mina.

"We should've just talked and got things straight within our class. We should've taken the straightforward route so that you two wouldn't have to feel like you have to blame yourselves." Momo admitted.

"Tsuyu, Ochaco, let's go back to normal, okay? Let's be friends and talk to each other like we used to." Izuku told them.

Ochaco and Tsuyu nodded and wiped their tears.

"Okay." Ochaco smiled, "Let's be friends again."

"Yes, friends, kero."

Seeing their two classmates finally smile again infected the rest of the class.

The man in black that had been watching from outside smiled as well, before walking away proud of his students.

--

Izuku's eyes snapped open after he woke up from a dream. The greenet looked around, a little disoriented before finally remembering that he was in his dorm room at Heights Alliance.

Through one of his super hearing Quirks, he heard sounds of movement coming from the room beside his, Shinso's.

Shinso's still awake?

Izuku remembered the time during their room competition, and the time before he fell asleep. Shinso was still awake at those times as well.

Izuku got off his bed and went out to his balcony. He looked over to the outside of Shinso's room before jumping over.

Izuku peeked first to see if Shinso really was awake, then he knocked.

Shinso jumped when he saw Izuku outside, and he looked as white as a sheet. But he calmed down after realizing it was his friend.

Shinso stood up and opened the door, "Izuku, w-what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be asleep?"

"Shouldn't you?" Izuku threw back the purplet's question. Shinso furrowed his brows, "Go back to sleep, Izuku."

Shinso was going to close the door when Izuku stopped him, "Wait!"

"What?!" Shinso snapped at the greenet, surprising him.

"A-are you okay? You seem... off. Earlier, you didn't answer when we knocked. And you still haven't slept. Is anything wrong?" Izuku asked.

Shinso let out a sigh in frustration and messed his hair, "It's nothing. Go back to sleep, Izuku."

Shinso tried to shut the door but Izuku didn't let him, "Shinso, please talk to me. If there's anything in your mind, just tell me. I'll listen."

Shinso furrowed his brows, "You're not leaving till I say anything, are you?"

Izuku smiled yes.

Shinso sighed and sat down on his bed, while Izuku sat on the chair in front of Shinso's desk.

Shinso looked down at his feet and breathed out. Then he asked his friend, "Izuku, do you think... I'm a villain?"

The question caught Izuku off guard.

Shinso looked up at the greenet and asked again, "Do you think I'm more cut out as a villain?"

Izuku was confused, "W-where did this come from? Shinso, you're in the hero course. You want to be a hero. That's the opposite of a villain."

Shinso looked at Izuku like a deer in headlights, then he burst into laughter, worrying Izuku.

"Why am I asking you this? Of course, you don't know. You're clueless!" Shinso exclaimed.

Izuku felt a little insulted.

"I'm not clueless, Shinso." Izuku spoke in a stern tone, making Shinso stop laughing.

"After seeing All for One's Quirk... I've been having doubts." Izuku admitted.

"I don't know what you must've went through while you were with the villains— I can only guess. But if they ever questioned your alignment because of your Quirk, don't listen to them. You're going to be a hero, Shinso, remember that." Izuku told Shinso.

Shinso remained quiet for a moment as his face was hidden by the darkness.

"Get out, Izuku." Shinso suddenly said.

"W-what?"

"You're clueless, Izuku. You can't help me. Not this time." Shinso stood up and dragged the greenet out of his room.

"Shinso—" Before Izuku could say another word, the purplet slammed the door on his face.

---

NOTES: Their friendship took quite the toll. Also, two updates in one day? Whaaaat???

But only for today.