CHAPTER FORTY: Forest

"Shinso? Shinso?" The voice was a bit muffled.

"Know better and just shut up."

Shinso's eyes snapped open after hearing that man's voice in his dreams. Shinso drew sharp breaths.

He never said those words outright. But that was what he really meant. That man truly is horrifying.

"Shinso?"

The purplette with horrified eyes looked over to the person who said his name. But the sight of those green eyes and green hair immediately calmed him down.

"A-are you okay?" Izuku asked.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep much last night." Shinso said while rubbing his temples.

"You look like you just had a nightmare." Izuku voiced his worries.

"Don't worry about it. Anyway, is it another stop? I already went to the restroom a few stops ago." Shinso asked.

"Yeah, but... this one's different. I think we're here. Aizawa-sensei said everyone has to get off now." Izuku explained.

"O-oh."

---

"Aizawa-sensei, everyone's off the bus." Izuku reported to their teacher.

"Good." Shota simply stated then he turned to the direction of two women. He gave a nod as if to say, It's your turn.

It took a moment but even before they could introduce themselves-

"IT'S THE WILD WILD PUSSYCATS!!! A four-person veteran hero team that specializes in mountain rescues! Here we have Mandalay with the Quirk, Telepath and Pixie-Bob with the Quirk, Earth Flow!"

All eyes were on the greenette that fanboyed over them. It was an awkward moment for the rest of 1-A, but Izuku was proud.

Until he felt a sense of dread lingering over him, and a large paw landed on his head. He looked back to see Pixie-Bob giving him a death glare.

"You could've waited until we actually talked, you know." She told the boy.

Immediately, Izuku started apologizing profusely.

"Now then, let's get to the business at hand." Mandalay went back on track.

"About a few kilometers away from here, is where you will all be staying. Lunch will be served at 12:30 so you have about three hours to get there, otherwise no food for you, got that? Of course, you can use your Quirks to get there faster." Mandalay explained.

"Wait, then does that mean-"

"Alright! GO!!!" Before Izuku could confirm his theory, the land below the 1-A students suddenly went soft and down the side of the mountain they go.

"USE YOUR QUIRKS, ALRIGHT?!" Pixie-Bob reminded them from above.

Okay... guess that means the training camp has begun. Izuku thought.

"Damn it." Shinso exclaimed.

"What is it, Shinso?" Izuku asked.

"My capture scarf is in one of my bags." Shinso answered.

Then from afar, thanks to one of Izuku's Quirks, he heard something moving in the forest.

Izuku pretended to remove dirt from his face, so he could cover his eyes and prevent anyone from seeing them changing appearances.

Activate Quirk: Bird's Eye View.

"I think that'll be the least of your worries." Izuku whispered as he deactivated the Quirk but Shinso understood some of it.