CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: Rest

"Three hours, our ass! We've been there all day!"

After finally getting out of the Beast's Forest, the entire class A was exhausted, hungry, and out of breath. Some have already collapsed to the ground.

"Hey! Everyone! Do you guys want some food?!" Pixie-Bob calls to them from the distance.

The very mention of food woke something in the students. And all their eyes were burning red at Pixie-Bob's direction, almost frightening the Pro Hero.

Even though they all collapsed just a moment ago, they were still able to gather enough energy to run towards the food like hunting predators. But once they started eating, they all returned to their normal selves.

"This is so delicious!"

"I feel like I was revived!"

The students were all celebrating.

"To tell the truth, we were expecting you guys to arrive around midnight." Mandalay said as she took a seat besides the female students.

"But you guys did a great job handling my clay beasts." Pixie-Bob commended them.

"Where's that green-haired boy? The one that interrupted our introduction?" Pixie-Bob asked. Everyone immediately turned their heads towards an eating Izuku, making him flinch, "Yes, ma'am?!"

"After realizing I might have prepared clay beasts, you casually mentioned my Quirk to warn your classmates. And then going around the long way to prepare a surprise attack, you really surprised me." Pixie-Bob told them.

Izuku first swallowed his food then answered, "Actually, I only realized that there were earth beasts after you sent us down. Then when Shinso mentioned he left his capture scarf, I prioritized getting him out of harm's way. It was only then that I planned out our attack to save the rest of our classmates."

"Ehh? So you left the rest of your classmates to fend for themselves?" Pixie-Bob pointed out which made Izuku froze.

"N-not really, I knew they were all capable of beating the earth beasts on their own. They even had Momo to help them coordinate." Izuku reasoned.

"Ohh... oh yeah. There was that one girl. What an amazing leader. Where is she?" Pixie-Bob looked around.

Momo simply raised her hand to indicate where she was and then she bowed her head, "Thank you very much."

As Izuku continued eating, Mandalay suddenly appeared behind him. "Izuku, correct?"

Izuku immediately turned around, "Yes, ma'am?"

"What's your Quirk?" The question made Izuku freeze a bit.

"It's called Power Limb. It's a type of strengthening Quirk." Izuku told her the answer he's memorized and told other people dozens of times.

"Really? I thought you had a Quirk similar to mine because even though you were far away from your classmates, you were still able to cooperate with Miss Yaoyorozu's group." Mandalay stated.

"That was thanks to Mezo's Quirk! All Izuku had to do was relay instructions." Ochaco explained.

"But how did you even know the circumstances their group was in? Had there been different players available or more beasts than you anticipated, your plan might've backfired." Mandalay pressed on.

Izuku was caught off-guard by the Pro Hero's questions. W-what do I tell her?!

"I... I simply assumed. No matter who were present or how many beasts were there... as long as Momo gets my instructions, it would've worked out fine." Izuku said in a monotone voice.

"I see."

Then from the building, out came Aizawa-sensei, "After you lot finish eating, go bring your bags to your rooms, they should be at the side of this building. There's also a hot spring. Take your time to rest and relax because tomorrow, you won't have the time."

---

After Izuku and his friends finished eating, they went to where Aizawa-sensei said their bags were, all while stretching their bodies.

"It's actually been a while since I went forest training. I forgot how exhaustingly exhilarating it is." Izuku mentioned.

"Forest training? How does that work?" Shinso asked.

"It's actually very similar to this one except I had to outrun Machi in the forest." Izuku answered.

"Machi?" Asked Ochaco.

"Mm. Machi is a friend of my Dad. He has a mutant type Quirk which makes him look like a literal mountain man. Despite his size, however, he's still very agile so my Dad always has him handicapped during training." Izuku explained as they grabbed their bags.

As they walked towards the building's entrance, Izuku noticed a little boy watching their classmates eat with a scowling face.

If I remember correctly, he was also there at the stop. I wonder if he's the son of one of the Pussycats. Izuku thought.

Izuku then made his way near the child.

"Hey, there. I'm Izuku." The greenette introduced himself. "Is your parent a member of the Pussycats?"

The kid turned to him and frowned.

Then as if he had a premonition, he immediately backed away, in time to dodge a punch the kid sent towards his crotch. However, due to his fatigue, Izuku wasn't able to correct his balance and thus, he fell on his butt.

"H-hey! That's not nice!" Izuku exclaimed which caught the attention of the students and the Pro Heroes.

"Hmph. I don't plan to play nice with idiots like you who want to be stupid heroes." The boy harshly stated before he walked away.

"Rude brat." Shinso said as he helped Izuku get on his feet. Mandalay immediately ran towards the greenette to apologize.

"I'm really sorry. I'll go talk to him later."

"No. No. It's fine. No damage done." Izuku chuckled.

But as he walked with his friends to their rooms, he couldn't help but think about the boy's statement.

So he hates heroes, huh?

---