CHAPTER EIGHTY-EIGHT: Big 3

At 1-A's classroom, Shota had just finished checking attendance. As he was about to leave, however, a certain greenet raised his hand.

"Sensei, what are Hero Work-Studies?" The greenet asked, piquing the interest of the rest of the class.

Shota was surprised that the greenet had heard of it, since Nezu instructed the rest of the faculty not to let the first years know so that Shota and Sekijiro would be the ones to inform their class, if they so chose.

"Where did you hear that from?" Shota asked.

"My Dad asked when we would begin conducting Hero Work-Studies since we already had our provisional hero licenses. I tried asking him about it but he told me to just ask you." Izuku explained.

Shota furrowed his brows. He took a deep breath and sighed.

"Change into your PE uniforms and come with me to Gym Gamma." Shota only told them.

--

On their way to Gym Gamma, Tsuyu raised an interesting question, "Izuku, how did your father know about Hero Work-Studies?"

Izuku looked at her in confusion.

"Yeah, Izuku." Ochaco interjected, "For someone who hates heroes, I'm surprised he knew about hero work studies."

Izuku looked at the brunette with a neutral face, but then he averted gazes and started chuckling nervously. Izuku's weird expression garnered the attention of the other students.

(a/n: this expression ("¬▽¬) )

"He just... does." The greenet stated, "He knows an awful lot about the job and even about a number of heroes."

Izuku nervously chuckled, "I distinctly remember this one time when I was 9 and my Dad was helping me figure out what my hero costume should look like. I jokingly said I wanted to add an armor-like support item, and he told me, and I quote, 'I know that you really like All Might and you want to copy every aspect of him, but I draw the line at trying to copy one of his stupidest hero costumes.'"

"I thought he was joking that All Might used to have a support item, but when I asked one of our servants to help me look it up, it turned out that All Might did have an armor-like support item... at the beginning of his hero career... for less than a month." Izuku put emphasis on the latter statements.

"It took us weeks to find that information— HOW DID MY DAD EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT?!" Izuku wore a face of mixed surprise, fear, and astonishment.

(a/n: he likes to stalk whoever has his brother's Quirk, apparently)

"Have you thought that maybe he's actually a secret fan of All Might?" Eijiro jokingly asked, which Izuku immediately refuted, "Definitely, DEFINITELY NOT!"

"If there's one person he hates more than heroes, it's All Might. Even imply that you think he likes All Might, and he will flash you this cold and deadly glare."

"I asked him that same question back then,and that's what happened! Dad never really turns off his aura so me and Tenko got used to it, but that was the first and only time he managed to scare me and made me cry!" Izuku laughed.

"Dad got a scolding from Tenko afterwards, though." Izuku reminisced.

(a/n: Inko in Tenko, everyone~)

Everyone just forced a laugh. Izuku might've meant to tell it like some kind of funny story, but after experiencing Hisashi's terrifying presence first hand, they can't even imagine what it would've been like for a nine year-old to experience it.

--

1-A eventually got to Gym Gamma. There, they found the 1-B students, who seemed to be in some kind of pain, along with Vlad King, and three other students they don't recognize. A male with messy black hair who was facing a wall, a female with long periwinkle hair, and a blond who was putting his shirt back on.

"Aizawa!" Sekijiro greeted his fellow teacher, "So you decided to tell them anyway?"

"Someone already told them, might as well have them join this little demo." Shota told Sekijiro as he walked towards the latter's side.

Shota took a deep breath, then he introduced the three unfamiliar students, "These three students here are UA's Big 3. The three of them are products of Hero Work-Studies, and they will be the ones to explain what it is, through a demo."

"Alright!" The blond one exclaimed as he stepped forward, "1-A! You will be facing me! Twenty against one!"

Izuku's eyes widened as he recognized the blond's face, It's the guy from yesterday.

---

NOTES: Short one for now, because I want the fight scene to be all together.

Fun fact, this chapter was supposed to be darker, but as I was about to click Publish, a voice in my head went, "NO! NO! NO! EKS! EKS! EKS! EEEEEKKKSSSSS!!! HELL TO THE EFFING FUCKING NOOOO!!! NO!"

So I rewrote half of it. I'm more satisfied with this version. 😁