CHAPTER EIGHTY-SIX: Chisaki II

"There are two types of people in the world you should fear. Those who have something to lose, and those who have nothing left."

-

It has been over three months since Tomura and his league took away the key for everything Kai had worked hard for.

I'll make that bastard pay for everything! Kai thought.

But first... Kai turned his attention to a lone mountain lodge, then he smirked under his mask.

You're not the only ones who can locate safehouses. He thought.

--

Kai began to look through a bunch of files and folders at the hidden lab in the basement of the lodge. His interest was piqued was an understatement. Even though these Nomu seemed like they're only prototypes, All for One's research team have actually perfected the process.

If the heroes were able to get their hands on actual files from one of their Nomu factories, then they'd be able to come to the same conclusion.

Kai grinned under his mask, and he started laughing maniacally.

The disfigured staff of this factory could only look on in horror.

Kai put down the file he was holding then he looked over to three specific tanks. Two of which housed black-colored upper tier Nomus, and the remaining one housed a middle tier Nomu.

He then walked over to a control panel and flipped three switches, which caused the liquid inside the tanks to be drained. After the liquid was completely removed, the tanks opened up, and the three now awakened Nomu walked out.

One of the upper tier Nomu had peculiar clock hand-like appendages hanging just beside its exposed brain.

"Hari, Joi, Shin, it's nice to see the three of you again." Kai greeted the three Nomu.

Nomu, by definition, are powerful mindless soldiers made to serve the League of Villains. They were created from human corpses, that were surgically altered to hold multiple Quirks.

The corpses that were used to make these three Nomu are none other than those of Hari Kurono 'Chronostasis', Joi Irinaka 'Mimic', and Shin Nemoto. Three members of the Shie Hassaikai that were taken away during the group's previous clash against the league.

The three Nomu were unresponsive to Kai's greeting. But Kai only snickered.

It's true that the surgeries the Nomu goes through ceases all higher brain function. However, Kai possesses the Quirk Overhaul.

The Quirk to disassemble and reassemble matter to how he wants it to be. He can even reassemble an injured or ailing person to a biologically perfect state. So, with that in mind...

Kai walked towards the Nomu that used to be Hari and placed his hand on its exposed brain. The moment Kai did, the Nomu closed its eyes and once they opened, there was now something different, his eyes seemed alive.

The Nomu's eyes looked around to assess his surroundings, then he looked down to Kai who he now towered over.

He opened his mouth, and with whatever voice he had, he spoke, "K-Kai...? W-what... w-where...?"

To Hari's surprise, Kai started laughing. Then the latter walked over to the other Nomu and touched their exposed brains. Hari was unsurprisingly shocked to see them.

"N-Nomu?! K... Kai... what's...-"

"Save your strength, Hari. You were dead for at least three months, I'm sure your throat isn't in its best condition." Kai told him.

Dead for three months? Hari asked in his mind.

"O... Over... haul..." The other black Nomu seemed to have awakened, "Where...?"

"OVERHAU-" The colored Nomu tried to yell but his dry throat caused him to repeatedly cough instead.

"Shin, Joi, you two as well. Save your strength." Overhaul told them as he took a few steps away from them, then he kneeled to get near the ground.

"We're going to make the league pay."

The three Nomu watched as the lab surrounding them was disassembled along with the staff, the floor they were on rise up, and a hole open up above them.

I'm coming for you, Tomura Shigaraki.

--

The next day, after communications with the aforementioned lab ceased, Dr. Ujiko sent some of their men to check the site. The moment Daruma learned of the lab's 'disappearance', he immediately informed Hisashi and Tenko.

Hisashi stepped out of Kurogiri's portals, and was immediately greeted, "Master, it's nice to see you. Tomura is already inside."

"Thank you, Kurogiri." Hisashi told the black mist, and headed inside the lodge. He made his way to the door leading to the basement, and found it open.

He continued his way down, and eventually got to the lodge's basement, where he found his eldest standing in the middle.

Hisashi put his hands inside his pockets then he approached his eldest.

"The lab really 'disappeared', huh?" Hisashi said in a slightly impressed tone. The lab, which should be a few more flights of stairs below where they are now, is missing, and is now replaced by an empty basement.

"Whoever did this cut the security camera feed off before they moved in." Tenko stated, "They did a pretty clean job."

Hisashi looked over to his eldest, slightly amused, "From the tone of your voice, I presume you have an idea as to who is the culprit?"

Tenko let out slight scoff, "Dad's saying that as if he doesn't have a mind reading Quirk and hasn't come to the same conclusion as me."

Hisashi chuckled, "He left no trace of his crime. As expected of a yakuza."

Tenko couldn't help but scoff.

"So Kai Chisaki has resurfaced after three months." Tenko pondered.

Then he smirked, and in a mocking tone, he said, "Should we be scared~?"

---

NOTES: So... I messed up my notes, and wrote the content of this and the previous chapter in the wrong order. The first part of this chapter with Overhaul is supposed to come after the UA faculty meeting last chapter, then followed by the morning ceremony, then the scene with Tenko and Hisashi. ^^'

I forgot to make it clear in my rewrites.

Also, shoutout to the one comment in the next chapter who felt iffy about Hisashi. Luv ya!💋

(edit: LAST! LAST! LAST CHAPTER!!!)

PS I'll return to my previous schedule once I get my supply of choco coffee. 😋🍫☕