CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE: Target

"Izuku!" Kota cried from inside the yellow barrier as he watched his new hero fall to his knees. Izuku was thankful for his concern, though, because the little boy's voice was enough to remind him to stay awake.

Izuku then looked up at the sky as he continued to breathe deep breaths. He couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. I can't believe just earlier I told Shinso I hoped everything would stay peaceful. I hope he's okay.

The greenette then stood up and walked towards Kota, making the barrier disappear as he got nearer.

He kneeled in front of the boy and asked in a soft and tired voice, "Kota, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

"Me?! What about you?! Your arms are busted! Idiot." Kota said in an almost tsundere fashion, but it just made Izuku smile, knowing it means he's fine.

"Don't worry about my arms." Izuku said, still with a soft voice. This is bad, I'm getting sleepy.

"I'm sure the doctors will be able to fix them in no time." He told the boy.

"Come on, I got to get you to Mandalay. I'm sure she's worried." Izuku said as he turned his back towards the boy, planning to let him ride on his back as they run back towards the site.

But then he realized that it might become uncomfortable for Kota since he wouldn't be able to support him with his arms.

"Wait, I've got an idea." Izuku said then he took a deep breath. With whatever strength he could muster at the moment, he lifted his left arm. And as it went higher, something looking like silk appeared in his hand.

"Here," the greenette handed the silk-like cloth to the boy, "Tie yourself onto me so you won't fall, okay?"

The boy wanted to ask questions first but decided against it and simply did what he was told.

After he was securely in place, Izuku stood up, "Okay. Let's get back to the campsite."

Izuku then activated one speed Quirk on his feet, but before that, "Hey, Kota. Let's keep what happened a secret between us, okay? I'll explain later."

The little boy nodded, at first with uncertainty, but his nods then became sure.

"Thanks, Kota."

---

As Izuku ran through the forest, making sure to avoid any villains, he suddenly heard voices in his head.

"Hey, isn't this that boy Stain likes and Shigaraki said to not touch? I'm touching him! I'm touching him!"

Izuku could feel someone poking his cheek. Then Izuku remembered, That's right. I forgot to make my clone disappear. I was so focused on rescuing to Kota that I lost control of him. I'm going to have to get him back later.

"He probably fought someone and passed out. Anyway, just leave him. He's not one of the targets."

"Who're the targets again? It's that exploding boy and that purple guy that scared this guy!"

The person's words immediately stopped the greenette in his tracks. Izuku's eyes went wide. That was the last thing he heard from the two people on the other side.

S-Shinso?! What would they want with Shinso?! Dammit! I need to find him before they do! Izuku immediately resumed his run, but now going on a sprint.

"Izuku? What's wrong? Why are you suddenly in a hurry?" Kota asked as he grabbed on Izuku tighter.

"I know what they want now. They want my friend. I need to tell the heroes." Izuku answered the boy's question.

"Izuku!" A certain person called making Izuku stop immediately, "Aizawa-sensei!"

As Aizawa ran nearer his student, the more he saw the current state of the greenette's arms. His left arm had a visible bend in the middle where there shouldn't be and it's become a deep shade of purple.

And his right arm... it almost didn't look like an arm anymore. It was a violet mangled mess, you almost couldn't tell what was muscle or what was skin, or if the skin was still there at all.

(a/n: i'm waiting for the day his body finally gets nomu-fortified)

"Izuku, your arms—"

"Don't worry about that, sensei. They're numb at the moment so I'm okay but more importantly, I think I know why the villains are here."

Aizawa wasn't expecting that it would be Izuku to say this information, "You know...? How?"

"We heard it earlier from the villains. They're after Shinso and Katsuki." Izuku told him.

"Shinso... and Katsuki? Why?" Aizawa was a bit skeptical. Then he turned to Kota, "Is this true?"

Kota was a bit taken back that he was being asked but simply nodded anyway.

"I see. Go take Kota back to the building, and stay there. I'll go look for your classmates." Aizawa ordered him then proceeded to leave, even before Izuku could protest.

Tch. I need to find Shinso. Izuku thought as he continued to sprint towards the building.

---

NOTES: For a second there I actually forgot the night isn't done just yet.

Edit, my REAL hiatus starts now, at least while I figure out the rest of the night as well as Kamino.