CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Announcement

Izuku opened the door of Class 1-A and he was immediately surrounded by a few his classmates.

"Izu-kun! I thought you were never coming back!" -- Ochaco

"Your brother sounded really angry, we thought you would change school!" -- Tenya

"We're glad you still go here." -- Shouto

Izuku chuckled, "Uh, guys, can I go to my seat first?"

They all walked over to his seat. They waited for him to sit down before they resumed the topic.

"We really thought your brother transferred you to a different school." Momo went first.

"Yeah, me too. But ultimately, Dad insisted to let me attend UA. But Tenko did say that I'm changing schools if anything else happens to me so there's that." Izuku laughed it off but his classmates felt bad about it.

"My brother is just very protective of me, that's all. I can't blame him for that. He's acted as the parent ever since Dad had to leave abroad. Even with his job, he still tries to look out for me." Izuku told them.

"I just hope he doesn't overwork himself."

Izuku's words made the atmosphere heavy. No one knows what to talk about now.

"...heeeeeeeyy, let's talk about something different! Why don't you tell us what your brother's Quirk is? You have a very powerful Quirk, I bet it's something strong too, right?" Denki suggested, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Uh, he's actually Quirkless." Izuku answered with an awkward smile. Everyone looked at Denki, You made it worse.

Denki winced.

"All right, get back to your seats." The students looked at the person who spoke. Their eyes widened at the sight. "AIZAWA-SENSEI?!"

"Are you okay, Aizawa-sensei?" Momo asked as everyone took their seats.

"Aizawa-sensei, I thought the capture tape was supposed to be for villains?" Denki made fun of their teacher's appearance. He couldn't keep his laugh in.

Shut up. The whole looked at Denki and he winced. Not again.

"Are you okay now, Aizawa-sensei? You could've let another teacher sub for you while you heal." Izuku voiced the concern of the class.

"Don't worry, I'm mostly healed thanks to Recover Girl's Quirk." He told them.

"Now, to the point, the faculty have decided to continue this year's Sports Festival. As most of you know, the Sports Festival will be aired live to the entirety to Japan. It is your chance to show off what you can do to all the hero agencies out there. You will have two weeks to train. Do your best, Plus Ultra." Aizawa-sensei explained.

"That's all."

---

The chance to show off what we can do. Izuku rolled his hand to a fist. If I do great at the Sports Festival, then I'll be a step closer to becoming a hero.

"Once I get to be a hero, then I can help my parents with earning money!" Ochaco-chan sounded so enthusiastic. Izuku smiled at her statement.

"Hey, you guys want to train at our house?" Izuku asked.

"Hm? Your house?" Tenya sounded confused.

"Yeah. We actually have a training hall at home. We can have a sleepover and train together, if you guys want." Izuku told his friends.

"Is that really okay? What about your brother?" Ochaco-chan asked.

"Yeah, of course, it's fine. I'm sure Tenko would be glad to have you guys over. I know he gave a bad first impression the other day but I promise, he's the friendliest person you'll ever meet." Izuku assured them.