CHAPTER NINETY-ONE: Referral

The next day, after homeroom ended, Izuku tried calling Gang Orca, whose phone number he managed to get hold of back during his Internships. Shota told them that they would have to use the connections they made during their internships, and that only agencies with good track records will be allowed to take in students.

Considering that Gang Orca is ranked the no. 10 hero, it's very unlikely for his agency to not fall under that category... at least, that should be the case.

"I'm sorry, Izuku, but unfortunately, I can't take in any student interns at the moment." Gang Orca apologized over the phone.

"After my negligence during the incident at Hosu, which resulted in you getting injured, the Hero Public Safety Commission decided to revoke my agency's ability to accept new student interns for a year as punishment." Kugo explained further.

Izuku was a little stunned after hearing that. He took a deep breath then immediately started apologizing profusely while repeatedly bowing at his little corner in the hallway, which probably looked weird to those who were passing through.

Kugo's chuckle echoed loudly on the other line, making Izuku stop his bowing and apologizing, but not before one last, "I'm really sorry, Gang Orca."

"It's alright, Izuku." Kugo's tone was a warm one. "But if you really wish to conduct your Hero Work-Studies, I can refer you to an agency that I'm currently working with, if you want."

Izuku's face brightened, "Really, Gang Orca?! Thank you!"

"No problem. I'll have one of my sidekicks send you the name of the agency and their address, and when they'll meet you." Kugo told the greenet.

What followed was another session of repeated bowing at his corner of the hallway, except this time, it was accompanied by multiple thank you's.

"Thank you again, Gang Orca. I hope I can repay you someday!" Izuku thanked the Orcinus user once more.

Kugo chuckled then he told the greenet, "As long as your work studies in your second year will be at my agency, that would be enough."

"You can count on that, Gang Orca!" Izuku said in a bright tone.

-

It was time for lunch. Katsuki watched as Midoriya leave the classroom accompanied by his usual people. He's really loyal to them, isn't he? Katsuki thought.

"Hey, Bakubro, let's go get lunch." Eijiro invited Katsuki as the former leaned on the latter's desk. Katsuki gave a neutral look at the redhead before giving an answer.

"Thank you. You can go ahead. I need to make a call first."

Eijiro flashed a grin, then while giving the blond pats, he said, "Okay, Bakubro! I'll save a seat for you!"

Katsuki watched as the redhead leave along with Hanta, Mina, and Denki. They were the last ones to leave the classroom, making him the lone person occupying the room.

He sighed before pushing his seat back so that it was leaning on the table behind, then resting his feet up on his table. He took his phone out then proceeded to call Gran Torino.

It rang for a while before the elder hero finally picked up, "What do you want, brat?!"

Katsuki was quiet. He took a deep breath before fixing his seat and telling the elder hero, "We'll be having our Hero Work-Studies. I was wondering if your agency can take me?"

There was a slight pause on the other side, followed by a long sigh of frustration and disappointment.

"Considering I only recently reopened my agency this year to teach Toshinori's successor, I'm not exactly the most eligible, according to the Hero Public Safety Commission, to be taking in students that'll be essentially be on the front lines, now am I?" There was some hint of tired-of-this-bs in the elder hero's voice.

Katsuki lowered his head and remained quiet, "I... I understand. I'm sorry for bothering you."

"Why don'y you go ask that idiot Toshinori to introduce you to other Pro Heroes he knows, like his former sidekick, since that idiot apparently likes a brat like you so much." The elder hero said with sarcasm before hanging up.

Katsuki was quiet for a while with his head down as he thought, He really disapproves of me, doesn't he?

The blond took a deep breath to rid his mind of these thoughts, then he proceeded to head to the cafeteria to join Eijiro and the others.

-

Somewhere, a man in a suit sat in front of a computer. His chin resting on his intertwined fingers. His stern eyes glaring at the screen.

On the monitor, three clips were playing simultaneously. One was a certain greenet's breakdown during UA's Sports Festival, and one was a clip of the sane kid's super move during the Provisional Hero License Exam.

The remaining one... was a clip of All for One's final attack against All Might during the Kamino Incident.

Mirai shifted his head a bit, making his glasses reflect the light from his computer and cover his eyes.

Then his computer pinged, notifying him of an email he just received. He closed the video clips, and opened the email to find that it was from one Kugo Sakamata, From Gang Orca?

It was an email referring a certain UA student to him for work studies. Mirai's glasses glinted.

Izuku Midoriya, huh?

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

..

.

I'd be glad to have him.

---

NOTES: This was supposed to become a retroactively sad chapter for reasons most of those who read 'update! not' and the first version of Ch. 89 will understand. ^^"

Also, what is it with me and putting these characters through mindfuckery? XD

On another note, I feel so bad for Yui. ;__;