CHAPTER EIGHTY-ONE: Rage II

The rescue maneuvers of the 100 participants have been successful so far. Most of the civilians were already rescued and the HUC actors have been grading the students accordingly.

Izuku was patching up a child at the makeshift shelter for the injured when he felt gusts of wind coming from behind him. He looked over to find a flying Inasa along with more civilians.

"HEY, LITTLE GUY! HERE ARE MORE CIVILIANS THAT NEED FIRST AID! THE URBAN AREA IS ALMOST CLEARED!" Inasa exclaimed as he brought down the civilians with precise control of his Quirk.

"As expected of Inasa-kun!" Izuku praised his friend. Inasa just grinned at the greenet.

Suddenly, loud explosions shocked the whole stadium and captured the attention of the examinees. Izuku immediately activated his Bird's Eye View Quirk to find out what just happened.

At a few areas, parts of the arena walls opened up where a number of goons came in. And at one of the opened walls, just a kilometer west of the makeshift shelter, one notable person could be seen entering.

G-Gang Orca? What's he doing here?

Then another announcement was heard echoing through the stadium.

"Attention, heroes. Numerous villains have arrived at the area. You must suppress the oncoming attack while proceeding with the rescue efforts."

"YOU CAN COUNT ON US!" Inasa exclaimed.

"Inasa, over there!" Izuku pointed to the direction of Gang Orca's entrance. "The boss is over there!"

"You got it, little guy!" Inasa saluted before flying towards Gang Orca's location.

"Izuku!" The greenet heard Momo call him. "3 o'clock! Villains are approaching!"

"On it!" Izuku said before heading to the other side of the shelter to defend.

Izuku saw that the goons were wearing what he recognized were cement guns from when he interned at Gang Orca's agency. He was then joined by a few other examinees, like Kyoka and Fumikage.

Izuku activated his main Quirks and rushed towards the goons, hitting them with his gravity kick, and using them as stepping stones for his next attacks. The goons tried hitting the greenet with their cement guns, but he was able to easily evade using his acrobatics.

With the greenet distracting the goons, the other examinees were able to easily pluck them out one by one.

Once this part of the threat was subdued, Izuku stopped to catch his breath.

But the sudden appearance of huge flames heading to the sky from where Inasa should be facing Gang Orca quickly drew Izuku's attention. He immediately recognized those flames as Shouto's.

"STOP SCREWING THINGS UP, TODOROKI, AND LEAVE HIM TO ME!"

"ME?! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO MISDIRECTED MY ATTACK!"

Izuku could hear Inasa and Shouto's argument with a hearing Quirk. This is bad. The two of them are together.

"Fumikage, Kyoka, I'm going to help Shouto and Inasa with Gang Orca!" Izuku told them.

"We're coming with you!" Fumikage stated and the three of them rushed west.

Izuku then activated his Bird's Eye Quirk so he could monitor the fight between Gang Orca and his two friends. They won't cooperate with each other. Izuku gritted his teeth.

On their way, however, just a little past the shelter, the greenet was suddenly hit by cement, making him deactivate his eye Quirk. On their three, they saw more goons arrive.

"Don't think we'll let you get to the boss that easily!" A goon told them.

"Tch." Izuku cursed before using a weak Air Cannon to break the cement stuck onto him. The sound of one of Gang Orca's hypersonic waves made Izuku feel uneasy.

"DON'T GET IN MY WAY!" Izuku yelled before sending an Air Cannon kick towards the goons, sending some of them flying. Those who were able to withstand the attack however, started to surround them.

Izuku gritted his teeth. The shelter is just behind us, I can't just leave.

"Dammit!" He cursed. Kyoka and Fumikage recognized what was happening.

"Calm down, Izuku!" Kyoka told him, making him snap out of his anger.

"We know you want to help Shouto and that Shiketsu guy. We'll try to give you an opening. Don't forget that you're not alone!" Kyoka told the greenet as her jacks plugged themselves onto the amplifiers on her forearms.

"HEARTBEAT DISTORTION!"

"GLOOM OF THE BLACK ARM!"

The combined attack of Kyoka and Fumikage was effective in breaking the goons' defenses for a few seconds.

"Izuku, now!" Fumikage signalled.

"Thank you, the two of you." Izuku said before jumping up to the air.

--

Kugo watched as the two teenagers sent their individual attacks towards him once more, and like before, their attacks redirected each other to another direction. This is getting old. He thought.

"STOP USING YOUR FIRE!" The one with the wind Quirk yelled.

"MY ICE HAS NO EFFECT ON HIM! WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING ME TO DO?!" Endeavor's son retorted.

"Is it really wise for you to have this conversation while in battle?" He tried to interrupt but he was ignored.

"WHEN WE FIRST MET, YOU SAID YOU HATED YOUR FIRE, SO WHY ARE YOU USING IT NOW?!"

"WHEN WE FIRST MET?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU-" Then it struck Shouto and he finally remembered who this guy was. He came in first during the Recommendations Exams, and hung around Izuku that time. He was that one student he shooed away.

"THE FACT THAT YOU'RE USING YOUR FIRE JUST PROVES THAT YOU ARE LIKE YOUR FATHER!" Inasa accused Shouto as he sent another of his wind attacks at Gang Orca.

"I'M NOT LIKE HIM!!!" Shouto snapped back at Inasa as he sent a much more powerful flame attack at Orcinus user.

Kugo didn't even try to move an inch this time, having grown tired of all this. And just like the countless other times, the two attacks redirected each other, but in an unexpected turn, the flames started heading towards an incapacitated Ketsubutsu examinee from earlier.

Kugo's eyes went wide and was about to go rescue the kid when silk-like cloth wrapped around the paralyzed brat and pulled him away from the flames.

Kugo, Shouto, and Inasa's eyes followed the brat as he was pulled towards a certain greenet up on the air about half a kilometer away from them.

Izuku had removed his right glove earlier so he could use his Silkweave Quirk to grab the Ketsubutsu student away from danger.

The greenet was fuming with anger and disappointment. He gritted his teeth and activated a Quirk: Pronounce.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING?! YOUR BICKERING ALMOST GOT SOMEONE HURT! SNAP OUT OF IT, YOU TWO!"

The greenet's voice echoed loud and clear even with the distance between them. Inasa and Shouto winced at the greenet's words, thanks to the effect of the Quirk.

Meanwhile, Hisashi couldn't stop a smirk from forming as he watched the events unfold. He couldn't help but feel proud.

---

NOTES: Quirk Explanation time: Pronounce. A Quirk that is able to amplify the user's voice, as well as influence the targets of the user's words. Depending on the user's words and intentions, it can cause the targets to feel motivated, anxious, happy, etc, but it cannot directly order them.

It's like a mix of Shinso's Brainwashing Quirk and Present Mic's Voice Quirk. I like to passionately call it "A leader's Quirk".