CHAPTER EIGHTY-NINE: Quirk IV

NOTES: Originally published as Ch. 89: Mirio vs Izuku on 11:17am EST, but was republished with some modifications at 5pm EST.

I apologize to those who already read this chapter before getting modified, I hope you reread it again! ^^"

---

1-A took on their fighting stances as they prepared to fight against Mirio Togata, a member of UA's Big 3, while the two teachers, 1-B, and Shouto watch from the side.

Izuku took a deep breath then he breathed out.

Since he doesn't have his visors with him to hide his eyes, he won't be able to freely use Gravity Manipulation, so he would have to switch Quirk combos like planned. While this other combo won't provide Izuku with the same mobility as his 'Arahabaki' combo, it should still suffice for practice like this.

On second thought, maybe I should try that new Quirk out. Izuku thought.

"You may make the first move." Their opponent told them.

"Thank you for the opportunity! Senpai!" A few of 1-A exclaimed. This enthusiasm and energy seemed to glee Mirio.

The first to charge in was Katsuki, setting off a mid-power explosion at the third year's face as he flew past him. When he landed, he looked back to see the effect of his attack, Good. My control's much better now.

"Wah~ Setting off the explosion a feet away from my face?" The third year noted in an unbothered tone, surprising Katsuki.

"Aren't you underestimating me a little?" He asked.

Katsuki's eyes widened as the smoke cleared, and the other blond had no scratches on him. He acted immediately and put distance between the two of them.

"Oh! Good judgment!" Mirio commended the blond, exactly as a bunch of the other 1-A's attacks went through him.

"An intangibility Quirk?!" 1-A reacted. Mirio looked back at the rest of them, then he suddenly disappeared, surprising 1-A. The students started looking around trying to locate their senior.

Then the ones in front suddenly heard someone scream from behind, followed by sounds of punches hitting meatbags, then finally, thuds. By the time the close-ranged fighters realized what those sounds meant, and they looked behind them, half of the class were already on the ground.

Then a naked Mirio yelled, "POWER!!!"

"How did he even get past us?!" Eijiro exclaimed.

"Within just a small lapse in time... he beat half of us?" Tenya's mouth was agape, and so were most of the remaining students.

"That's it for the long ranged fighters!" Mirio exclaimed.

While most of them were shocked, Izuku was impressed, and he had a huge smile on his face. He's a good opponent to test that new Quirk! Izuku grinned.

Activate: Thought Acceleration.

Thought Acceleration, Izuku's new Quirk that manifested last night after dinner. As its name suggests, it allows the user to accelerate their thought process, making their reaction time much faster, and make time seem to pass slower for them. He had no way to test it the night before, so this will be Izuku's first drive test for it.

Once again, Mirio disappeared in front of them.

'Disappeared', is that the right word? His Quirk is Permeation. So more accurately, he probably slipped to the floor. Izuku's thought process began as the world seemed to have gotten slower for him.