CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: Shigaraki

NOTES: Um... we're almost at 20k reads. Holy-- thank you very much to the readers! I'm sorry I haven't been updating much, I promise once we get past the Hero Killer/Hassaikai arc, updates will be more often!

---

At Toshinori's office at UA, the atmosphere was tense. When Naomasa-kun had called him and told him there was a development in the police investigation of the "League of Villains", Toshinori could just tell it was a big one.

"Naomasa-kun, what is the new information the police have?" Toshinori asked, with utter urgency in the tone of his voice.

Naomasa looked so serious and uneasy. This new info will be such a huge shock to his friend, he just knows it.

"About Tomura Shigaraki... it would appear that he is the son and successor of your archnemesis."

Naomasa was replied with dread-filled silence and a horrified face on the almost skeleton Toshinori. It looked like the world just collapsed over him.

Toshinori cowered and planted his face in his hands.

"He had a son..." He whispered.

It took a moment for Toshinori to absorb and get into terms with this new information but when he did, he asked Naomasa to continue since he realized there were still more to it.

"Upon looking further into the rumors of All for One's successor, we've found that Tomura Shigaraki first became active four years ago. Two years after you beat his father." Naomasa explained.

"Then the attack at USJ was revenge?"

"It would appear that way."

Toshinori remained silent.

"And about Nomu."

Toshinori looked up at the other man, "What about him?"

"Since we couldn't get any answers from him, the police resorted to figuring out who he was through a DNA analysis." Naomasa took out a folder and handed it over to Toshinori.

"You wouldn't believe what we found."

Toshinori's eyes widened at the contents of the folder, "...DNA from four different people?"

"Yes. It would seem he was concocted at a lab, with Quirks artificially injected into him. It might be possible that the experiments he went through ceased all higher brain function."

'Quirks artificially injected'...? Toshinori was thinking. Did he find a way to replicate his father's Quirk through surgeries? This is disgusting! Experimenting on humans!

"He's just like his father, if that's the case. Having no care for human lives, toying with them, turning them into mindless soldiers!" Toshinori gritted his teeth. Naomasa watched as his friend's eyes lit in fury.

Even if Tomura Shigaraki is only following in his father's footsteps, he absolutely won't forgive him. Not after turning humans into monster, and definitely not after attacking his students.

(a/n: he's going to regret this statement, i promise)

"The fact that he is your archnemesis' son makes him even more dangerous. A heart full of hatred and revenge will do anything to achieve their goal." Naomasa commented, to which Toshinori agrees.

---

4.10 PM

Stain's swords made quite the sound as he inserted them back to their sheaths. It took them two hours and thirty minutes to take down these Eight Bullets, all because of the annoying Trigger drug they used.

Ah, how that brought Stain back.

Stain looked over at the three Nomus that they brought along with them. They looked a little fatigued, which means even abnormalities like them can get tired as well.

Then he looked over at the other person in the room on his side with a cognitive ability. The mist man, Kurogiri, was securely tying the Eight bullets up before finally teleporting them away. To a lab somewhere, apparently.

These people are going to end up as Nomus soon.

As Kurogiri finished up, Stain walked towards the former and asked, "Isn't our leader taking too long? Aren't you worried about him?"

Kurogiri's golden eyes squinted, "No, I am not. Are you?"

"Not at all... hm, maybe a little."

Kurogiri's eyes shifted, implying he was raising a brow to Stain's statement, "If you're worried that Tomura Shigaraki will end up losing to Kai Chisaki, I can guarantee you that he had planned for their battle and that even before we left them alone, Tomura's win was already set."

"No. I'm not worried about that."

"Oh?"

"The boy has a strong conviction, that I can easily tell, but before we left him alone, his eyes... they were crazy with conviction." Stain explained.

"And that is bad how?"

"The day I first met him, I saw myself in him when he said the line I often say to idiots masquerading around as heroes and villains. It was like looking at a younger version of myself."

Stain paused for a bit then continued, "But on our way to this mission and as we waited for the Hassaikai to arrive, I saw the conviction in his eyes slowly turn to madness and craze. It woke up something in me... those eyes scared me."

Kurogiri flinched, Stain? Scared?

"Well, if you're afraid that Tomura Shigaraki will end up losing himself in this path, I can assure you, he will never." Kurogiri's eyes glowed brighter.

"That is because he has something to protect and care for. Something he can hold onto so that he will never plunge down an endless void. And that is why he's not afraid to let that 'madness' and 'craze' take over him because he knows he can always climb back up for that something."

Something he cares for? The thought ran through Stain's head.

Then all of a sudden, the ground started to shake and rumble. An area of the floor some meters away from them started to crack and open. From below came Tomura-and the girl in his arms!

Tomura immediately went towards Kurogiri and Stain. He handed over the girl to Kurogiri exactly as Chisaki came up from the hole as well, being elevated by a platform he used his Quirk on.

"Eri-chan, stay with Kurogiri for a while, okay?" Tomura said in a warm tone as he patted the girl's head (without the pinky, of course)

"Kurogiri."

"As you wish."

Kurogiri, along with the girl, escaped through one of his gates.

"SHIGARAKIIIIIII!!!" Chisaki yelled through his coarse throat, while Tomura simply chuckled.

"Careful with your throat, Chisaki, and you used to have such a smooth voice." Tomura jokingly stated as he brushed all the dust in his shirt off.

"Ready for round two, Stain?" Tomura looked at him. Stain had a look at his eyes behind the hand mask. There was no shred of the madness he saw earlier, instead they were shining brightly with hope.

"He can always climb back up for that something." Kurogiri's words echoed in Stain's mind.

Stain unsheathed his blades, "Let's finish this."

---

NOTES: Ah! Finally, a new update! And this one is good one for me because there was absolutely no fight scenes! I'm much better at writing dialogue and conversations. 😅

Oh and thank you for those who keep on commenting! Reading you guys' reactions is really motivating! Hope you guys enjoyed this one, because I enjoyed writing it! Especially Kurogiri and Stain's conversation.