CHAPTER FIVE: Indoors

NOTES: So... I noticed this thing is slowly getting more reads. Thank you. I'll try to update as much as I can.

---

The villain team has the advantage here. With Yaoyorozu's Creation Quirk, she could easily make traps to be set around the building or create various weapons guarding the nuke. As for Tokoyami, his Dark Shadow can act as offense and defense. And if I'm right, it's stronger in the dark. If they were to block every window and get the lights out, then Tokoyami, hypothetically, would be in his ideal habitat.

"Izuku?" He looked at the speaker who was looking confused and concerned. Then Izuku realized that he was mumbling and he immediately apologized, "Ah! I'm sorry. It's a habit I picked up from my Dad."

"Oh! Were you formulating a battle strategy? Okay shoot." The spiky red hair told him. Izuku tugged on his chin.

"Well... the villains have quite an advantage thanks to Yaoyorozu's Quirk, she could make traps. If I'm correct about Tokoyami's Quirk, it should be stronger inside, where it's dark. Our Quirks aren't ideal for the situation. My Quirk is ideal for close combat, same with yours. I can't exactly aim my stronger punches anywhere. In addition, you're not ideal for this kind of mission since your Quirk seems more ideal for bodyguard missions--"

Izuku backtracked and realized his latter statements, and immediately tried to apologize, "Ahh! Not that I-- I mean-- I wasn't saying your Quirk is--"

"THE INDOOR BATTLE TRIAL COMMENCES!"

It was time for the heroes to storm the building. Izuku wasn't able to tell Kirishima the plan and worse he just insulted his partner. Dammit.

Izuku took a deep breath and brushed his thoughts away. He'll just have to compensate by telling his plan now to Kirishima. They're in a battle now and he shouldn't let the personal get into the professional, otherwise, it would be catastrophical.

"Kirishima." Izuku took a peek of the stairs from the corner. When he saw it was clear, they continued up.

"The chance of the villain team sending out Tokoyami is high. Yaoyorozu's Quirk is very useful but it is still a Quirk that is best kept behind the lines. If my theory is confirmed and we are attacked by Tokoyami, I want you to advance and look for Yaoyorozu. At that point, the winner will be whoever can outlast the other." Izuku explained as they walked in the dark hallway.

Then he looked back at Kirishima and grinned, "Your Quirk's ideal situation."

Kirishima's eyes widened, "Look out!" Using his body as a shield, he took the blow from Dark Shadow's attack. Izuku and Eijiro took a few steps back. At the end of the hallway was Tokoyami.

"Kirishima, stick to the plan!" Izuku yelled as he charged onwards to Fumikage. Eijiro nodded and went the other way to look for a different route.

Izuku cocked his arm back for a punch towards Fumikage but immediately retreated after Dark Shadow surrounded him.

Tch. There's no way I can get near for a clean shot. Subduing him would require more effort. In order to subdue him, I would need to subdue both of them... or knock them unconscious. No choice, I need to put in more force for us to win.

Izuku went to a runner's crouch, activating Muscle Augmentation and Fortify in his legs then Impact Recoil in the rest of his body. He glared at Fumikage. The latter readied himself as well, and took a stance while Dark Shadow floated between them.

Izuku sprinted towards his opponent, Dark Shadow charged towards him with the intent of thrashing the boy. Dark Shadow went in for a headbutt but both he and Fumikage was surprised when he was flung away--as if the force of his attack was returned.

Dark Shadow flew back to where Fumikage is, they had no time to react as they saw Izuku in the air, cocking back his arm that had swelled and twisted.

"I'm sorry." They saw him mouth before they were flung back by the force of the green boy's punch. The force enough to send the wall behind them flying down to the first floor.

---

Toshinori gulped as he saw Tokoyami unconscious under the sun amid the rubble. Izuku jumped down, calmly and slowly walking towards his unconscious classmate as his arm slowly went back to normal. Then he wrapped the capture tape around the other boy's hands.

Izuku looked up at the building and sprinted back in.

Toshinori gulped again, but he kept his smile on to hide it. If this kid is that man's son--no, even if he wasn't, the way he calmly walked over his classmate after sending him flying was terrifying. Something only a villain can do without flinching.

This kid, villain's kid or not, has a coldness to him that a hero shouldn't have. He is supposed to be taking the hero role but his actions in battle were of a villain.

Toshinori's mind flashed back to yesterday. The first time since six years ago that he saw the arm that had rid him of his stomach. Then he flashed back to his fight with the man that was responsible.

"Midoriya and Kirishima won!" A student of his exclaimed, snapping Toshinori out of his train of thought.

"HERO TEAM WINS!" All Might announced.

Medics immediately went in and took Tokoyami to the clinic while Yaoyorozu, Kirishima, and Midoriya went to the observation room where the rest of the class had been watching.

Compliments started raining down on the students that just finished the activity, mostly on Midoriya.

But All Might had to step in and continue his class.

"Boys and girls," The entire class had their full attention on him. "While the winners may have been the hero team, can someone tell me who the MVP of the match could be?"

The class was quiet until one boy--Enji Todoroki's son--answered, "I would have to say it was Yaoyorozu. She had planned their stand well. She made window covers that Tokoyami used to bring him to his ideal battle ground, in addition to defending the nuke as long as she did against Kirishima. Midoriya could've easily been the MVP, but he had damaged the building in order to defeat his opponent."

"THAT'S RIGHT!"

"Now then, let us commence the second battle."

The friends of the next fighters wished them good luck as they left for the building.

"Um... All Might?" Toshinori looked at his student with green hair.

"Can I go to the clinic? I want to check on Tokoyami. I had to knock him unconscious... I already apologized to him before I attacked but..." Midoriya paused.

He apologized?

"But I still want to check that he's okay."

Toshinori looked at the boy's eyes. He's sincere, he could tell.

Toshinori placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, "I can tell that you're really worried for your fellow hero-in-training. That is a characteristic a hero, should have."

"You can go." Toshinori watched the the boy in green sprinted out.

Unbeknownst to them, a heterochromic also had his eyes on the green-haired boy, ever since the Recommendations Exam.

---

NOTES: I'm sorry for the short battle. I'm still trying to get better at writing battle scenes but I still hope you enjoyed.