Seokjin: Shock

the discord is still open so like if you wanna join the link is on my profile or i can dm it to you but you actually have to be active

------------

Seokjin's POV -

"Jungkook, come on, or we're going to be late!" I yell up the stairs, looking at my watch for the fifth time. It's usually Jimin who makes me run late, but Jungkook woke up late, and then he ate late, and then he showered late. He doesn't seem to understand that he can do any of the normal things he does in the morning later, when we're not running late.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" he shouts back, and a moment later, he comes thudding down the stairs, still buttoning up his white shirt. "Calm down, hyung! We've still got plenty of time. Everyone's gone to work already, so it's not like we're going to get stuck in a queue of traffic just to go twenty minutes down the road."

I grab his arm, and practically drag him out the house, his shoelaces still untied, and his jacket draped over his elbow. "This is an important meeting, Jungkook-ah. It won't look good if we're late. You know it involves legal stuff."

"I don't understand how it involves us."

"Well, that person claimed that we were there when that bar set on fire. They're not going to blame us, they just want to know why we were there and what we saw."

"Why are we not going to a police station, then?"

"Probably to protect us, Jungkook. I don't know. It won't look good if someone sees us traipsing into a police station, and being in there for hours. This way, it looks like we're just going to some average board meeting." I start the car's engine, and put the car into reverse. "I know just as much as you do."

"I don't get it," Jungkook mumbles simply. "It's a bar. It caught on fire. We'd been out for a few drinks. Why do we have to give a statement for one, and why can't we just do it normally? We're not that special, hyung."

I look at Jungkook sadly. "Remember when those people spread rumours about you on Twitter, Jungkook? All those strange looks you got on the street until it was cleared up? We can't put ourselves through that. Someone will make up some story, and then we'll be all over the headlines again, and then the reporters get involved ..."

"I don't get it," Jungkook repeats, looking out the window as the residential street breezes past, and we're out onto the main road. I get up to speed, and Jungkook bends down to tie up his laces.

The car gets quiet as we sail down the road, our minds in different places. Two weeks ago, Jungkook and I decided to go out and get drunk in a local bar, since we don't get out enough. After we had finished, and we were stumbling our way home, the bar two doorways away burst into flames, and ate the whole building. It turned out someone had committed arson, and anyone who had seen it now has to give a statement. They know it's not us who did it, but we might have seen what happened. Jungkook barely remembers because he was blackout drunk, and I wasn't far off, either. I don't think we'll be much help.

Bang PD brought me into the office yesterday to discuss it. He told me that we were going to go to an office building to have the statements taken, since us going into the police station isn't good publicity when there's still a few rumours about Jungkook going around. I thought he would have had the same chat with Jungkook, but it seems not. Maybe so he doesn't get upset that those rumours still exist.

"We're missing dance practice," Jungkook states, still watching the cars go the opposite way out the window. "Hyung, this is just such a waste of time."

"We need to keep stalling."

Jungkook looks at the car. "We're not stalling, hyung. What are you on about?"