Seokjin Has a Heart Attack

Seokjin's POV -

"Hoseok, throw me that towel."

We've just finished dance practice for the day, and I'm sweating so much it's dripping on the floor. I've never worked so hard in my life.

There's nothing particularly special about this comeback. I still have a small amount of lines, and I don't lead any of the dances. Still, a comeback is a comeback, and I'm excited to show the fans what new things we have. I'm practicing extra hard this time round, in the hopes that the instructor will look at me, and think I'm finally special enough to lead a dance.

I've been in the front before, usually when I sing one of, like, the three words I'm given in a song. But I've never led an actual dance before. Even Namjoon has led one, because he's our leader. It doesn't feel fair. I want it to be my turn.

Despite what a lot of people think, I actually really enjoy dance. Although I'm not the greatest, I practice really hard, so that I can keep up with Jungkook and Jimin, even if lots of people laugh at me. I'm trying my best, because I love my job.

Hoseok throws the towel to me, then comes and pats my shoulder. "You did really well, hyung. I'm really proud of you. You're working so hard."

I smile, happy to have some positive feedback from our lead dancer. It really means a lot. "Thanks, Hobi. That really means a lot to me."

He nods, wiping the sweat off his forehead. "Hyung, I feel a bit sick."

I go into dad mode. Yes, dad mode. I am not a woman. I am not a mother. Stop it. "Sit down. You're just tired. Where's your water?"

Hoseok flops onto one of the chairs, pulling at his shirt so it's not around his neck. The other boys mill around the room, waiting for their breath to calm down before we all pack up and leave. They don't really talk to each other, just pacing around to cool down. I pull his water out of his bag, and offer it to his lips. He takes small lips, but then he pushes my hand away. He leans over, gagging suddenly, but he doesn't throw up.

"Hoseok hyung?" Jungkook asks, coming over to him. "Are you feeling sick?"

Hoseok nods, taking deep breaths to try and calm his stomach. When we first debuted, we used to be sick a lot - well, me, Yoongi, and Namjoon - because we didn't understand that eating right before, or just after, was a bad mistake, as it upset our stomachs. Hoseok has never fallen into the trap, since he breathes dance, but this time, he's done it.

Jimin wanders over, and pulls an old bucket out of the closet. It's still stained with dried paint, but it'll work well if he vomits. He puts it in front of him, and he leans forward a little, taking slow breaths. Eventually, he leans back again.

I sit down next to him and rub his back. "Feel better now?"

He nods his head a little. His cheeks are a little flushed. "I don't feel well, hyung. I think I'm coming down with something."

I rest my hand on his forehead. "Yeah, you're burning up a little. Let's get you back home and get some rest. You might have to skip out tomorrow."

Hoseok shakes his head. "No. Just rest. I won't miss out."

I shake my head a little. "Don't push it, baby. You're coming down with a fever."

Hoseok just shakes his head, determined not to be left out.

*

By the time we get back to the dorm, Hoseok is burning a whole fever, his cheeks flushed pink. He's fallen asleep in the car, and hasn't woken up when taken inside.

I gently lay him down in his bed and take his shoes off, trying to make him more comfortable. He stirs a little finally, and slowly opens his eyes. "Jin hyung?" he mumbles.