Hoseok: Hearing Loss

request by Guitargirl256 :)

--------------------

Hoseok's POV -

I always wanted to work in music. When I was younger, I really wanted to be a dancer, and when I was a teenager, I was desperate to be a rapper. When I entered my twenties, I wanted to produce music.

I wasn't good enough for any of that, though. I can still dance really well, but I don't have the singing or rapping capabilities to back me up to be a musician. I wanted to be a dancer, instead, but I just never got the cut. Idol companies rejected me, and after a little time, my dream faded out.

I managed to land myself a job in the local arena to my house, and honestly, I'm happy enough with that. Depending on the rota, I can work through concerts, plays, theatre. I do football games, too, but I really don't like those.

I prefer working the concerts the most. I don't mind working the morning part, before the acts begin, or during, when I get to see all those people perform, looking stunning and their skin glowing. I wish that could be me, but that shift has now sailed.

And best of all, the concert staff are always the nicest. We're all pretty similar in age, and I'm one of the eldest. Seokjin is the eldest. He's got super broad shoulders, and a really sculpted face. Even if I'm not gay, I am confident in saying he is one of the most handsome men I've ever met. He's great to joke around with, but he sometimes pushes the elder role a little too hard.

Then there's Yoongi. He doesn't really speak much, and he smokes too much, but he's a pretty efficient worker. Even though I'm by far the loudest, Yoongi and I probably get on the best. He calls me his energy. Then there's Namjoon. He's the same age as me, but I was born first. He's very clumsy. I'm surprised he still even has a job with the amount of things he's broken whilst trying to clean. I get along well with him, too. There's Jimin, who's very small and angry about it. He works on stage, but he's not big enough to be on the stadium stage, so he has to work this second job. I love winding him up. We have good jokes together. There's his best friend Taehyung. He's a little weird, but he's okay, I suppose. Then there's Jungkook, the youngest. He has autism, and shuts himself up with it, but he says some funny things. He's very sarcastic. He goes quiet when I'm loud, but he's getting better at being with us.

*

I open my new rota in the morning, and kick my legs in excitement. I'm on the morning shift, with Jungkook and Yoongi! I love the morning shift so much. It's an NCT concert tonight, so I know we have to be perfect. I'm so excited to meet them I start shaking already.

I get myself up and dressed. I should have checked the rota yesterday, since now I have to rush to spoon cereal into my mouth and stuff my legs into my cleaning trousers. I hoist my bag up onto my shoulders, and rush towards the stadium. I manage to clock in one minute before my shift begins.

"You're late," Jungkook mumbles, looking down at my untied shoes. "I thought Yoongi and I would have to clean up by ourselves."

"Overslept," I reply quickly, shoving my bag into my locker and throwing my apron on. "Where is Yoongi? He hasn't started already, has he?"

Jungkook shakes his head. "No. He's having another cigarette, though I don't know why. We've all been given lists as long as our arms. I have yours, 'cause I told the manager you were in the toilet so you wouldn't get into trouble."

I take the list from him, trying to look into his eyes. "You lied? For me? But you hate lying, Jungkook!"

Jungkook's cheeks blush a bright pink. "Yeah, well I didn't enjoy it, so don't be late again."