Seokjin: Delirious

request by xxs0ftm0chixx :)

--------------------

Seokjin's POV -

I gently sit down next to Taehyung, and wipe his brow. He whimpers a little at the touch of the cold flannel, but he doesn't pull away from me. I take in his chapped lips and pink cheeks, listening to his raspy breaths. His fever has started to break, and he's calming down slowly, but he's still hot, and needy.

I gently place the flannel over his forehead and pick up his medicine instead. Since his fever was so high, he was given medicine to help reduce it. It only has two doses left, but I'm sure Taehyung doesn't mind. He thinks it tastes disgusting, but I personally like the banana flavour. He whines when he sees me picking it up.

I slowly fill the syringe with the slightly yellow medicine. It certainly doesn't look appealing, but it smells amazing. If Taehyung didn't need it, I would be tempted to take it myself, just for the fun of it. I know that if I get a fever, then I'll just have to have regular tablets, like everyone else. Taehyung can't swallow tablets - he throws them straight back up, which is why he has the liquid medicine.

I rest the dropper against his lips, and he whines as he opens his mouth hesitantly for it. If he wasn't so sick I would shout at him for being a baby. I press down on it, pushing the medicine into his mouth. His face scrunches up in disgust, and he tries to pull away before it's all in. I have to hold him still so he can get the whole dose.

"Hyung," he whinges, after swallowing it hard, "It's disgusting!"

"Don't be silly," I say firmly, wiping his mouth for him. "You need to get better, so you need to take your medicine."

Taehyung pouts at me, but he doesn't moan. He knows that I won't stand for silly behaviour, even if he is ill. He knows I like caring for him when he's sick, so he keeps quiet to keep me happy too.

I move the flannel off his forehead, and gently feel his temperature. He still feels hot and sticky, but it's not as bad as it was in the first few days. I had to take him to hospital because it got so high. It was 39.9, and he went all lethargic, but otherwise still seemed 'normal'. I thought he would get admitted, but they gave me the medicine, and sent him away when his fever dropped a little. He's been in bed since.

I pick up the thermometer, and gently place it into his ear. He holds still for me, still pouting, but he's started to shiver again. I keep worrying that he might have some sort of infection, but the hospital couldn't find any. It comes back as 37.5.

"It's coming down, sweetie," I say to him, rubbing my eye a little with tiredness, feeling the stress run out of me. "You're gonna be okay."

"Hyung, I want a cuddle."

I sigh a little, but I lift the blankets, and sidle into bed with him. He wraps his arms around me, so I pull him closer, resting his head on my chest. His whole body is warm and sweaty, since he hasn't showered for a couple of days, but at least he's getting better. He'll probably get out of bed tomorrow, and join the rest of us.

I'm glad all of this has happened over break. There would have been no way Taehyung could have performed a concert, or even just gone to practice with the way he was. I've never seen him so sick in my life. I'm glad the others didn't catch anything from him.

Taehyung is starting to go heavy in my arms. I pull away a little, alarmed, but then he gives a small snore, and I realise he's asleep. I gently pull away from him, and tuck him in, pushing a pillow into his arms for him to hug. He huddles into it without stirring, hiding his face. I bend down and kiss the top of his head, before slowly tip-toeing out of his room.