Namjoon's Concussion

request by anonymous :)

--------------------------------------

Namjoon's POV -

Today, after being lazy for many months, we're finally going to clear up the house. We're usually pretty busy, but, after Jungkook started getting some nervous symptoms, our schedule had been relaxed a little, so he can chill out for a bit.

At first, we revelled in the time we had, and just enjoyed the things we liked, such as reading, painting, cooking, all that sort of stuff. But, after a week or so, we all started getting bored of it, not used to having so much spare time.

Yoongi and I have started floating back to the studio to get more work done, but then PDnim found out, and keeps trying to herd us out - though we still go more than we were told to. Even Hoseok has started to follow us, even though he promised he would stay away, too. Taehyung has bought a mandolin this time, and, once again, cannot figure out how to play it. Jungkook is sleeping a lot, as is Jimin. Seokjin is the only one still doing 'relaxing things', i.e. playing video games.

We've all decided that now will be the best time to give the house the care it needs. It's been a long time since we did a proper clean of all the rooms, since we don't get time. We do average cleaning, obviously, like cleaning the dishes, hoovering, and cleaning the bathroom, but it's been months since my bedsheets have been changed, and none of us have paid attention to the garden.

So we all agreed together, that today should be the day we actually did some housework. Even Jungkook agreed to do it with us. It's a massive dorm, so it's going to take all day, but, as a team, we should be able to do it whilst the sun is still out.

Instead of splitting rooms into who will do them, we decide to work in all rooms together, all at once. All seven of us crowd into the living room, armed with mops, brooms, hoovers, and dusters, and look about us, wondering where we should start. Suddenly, it all seems like a mammoth task.

"I'm going to clean the windows," Seokjin says, picking up one of the water buckets we had put aside. He picks up the glass cleaner, and a rag, and heads over to the french windows, that lead out into the garden. Korean houses aren't like the modern Western ones yet. They're not made entirely of fucking glass. Essentially, he picked the easiest job.

Jungkook picks up the fabric cleaner. "I'll do the furniture."

I pick up the hoover. "I'll hoover. I think I'll break anything else if I touch it."

Yoongi ends up with a paint treatment to clean the walls with. The living room is pretty much covered, so Jimin, Taehyung, and Hoseok make a head start to the kitchen.

Yoongi puts some music up on the TV, and starts to clean. It gets drowned out by the sound of the hoover, but I can just about hear it. We get about our jobs. I get right onto my knees, trying not to get into Jungkook's way, who is currently treating the sofa, and start to hoover out all of the shit and crumbs underneath. I don't think a hoover has actually touched under here since we moved in. I pull out various crisp packets as I go, which Jungkook shoves straight into a black bin bag.

"Hyung!" I call, turning off the vacuum. Both Seokjin and Yoongi turn around. I hold out a pair of dusty black boxers, with Seokjin's name sewed into the tag. "Gross, hyung. Why are you taking your pants off in here?"

Seokjin grabs them out of my hands, but more in excitement than in embarrassment. "These are my favourite boxers! I've been looking around for those for months!"

I grimace a little. He furls them up into a ball, and heads to the utility room. I turn my hoover back on, and start sucking up more little balls of dust from around the skirting board. I don't notice Seokjin even coming back into the room until he trips over my foot.