Yoongi Gets Electrocuted

request by anonymous :)

--------------------------

Yoongi's POV -

There must be some virus in the house that has made us all go 100% insane.

I can't remember whose idea it was, but our house is currently in a massive state of destruction. The walls have been stripped, the carpets have been ripped up, and everything smells like paint. It's not even a professional job.

Like I said, I don't remember who suggested we should do this. When we were doing our last dates of the tour in Korea, one of us decided that, if we renovate the house in our one month break, we would feel more refreshed, as we'll have a new view. The idea infected us all, and, the night we got home, we began work.

I guess the idea is to make our dorm more 'modern'. We're going to be painting the walls white, and putting in wooden floorboards, instead of the carpet. We want to do it all by ourselves, except for the kitchen, since it's not safe for us to play with the gas oven when we don't know what we're doing.

We all somewhat have jobs to do. Jimin and Seokjin are ripping up and replacing the carpets with the wooden floorboards. Taehyung and Namjoon are on painting duties. Hoseok and I are on the plug sockets - when we moved in, we arranged everything so the plugs weren't in the best place, and we've been wanting to move them for ages. Jungkook is in charge of random paint jobs - such as the doors, the window sills, patches on the ceiling - you get the point.

Hoseok and I have the fiddliest job, It's not necessarily hard, it's just intricate, and it takes a lot of time to feed the wires through the wall, and make a hole big enough for the sockets to fit through. It's also more irritating than I thought to twist the ends of the wires around the screws to make them work. The fine wires keep slipping out of the tweezers, and sometimes they just slide straight off the screws.

Hoseok was picked for the job because he has a good temper. Although he's scary when he gets angry, he has the patience of a saint. He could do anything fiddly for hours, and just puts up with the failures as they come. I was picked for the job because I've done this before. Our old dorm was very old, and kept falling apart. I was always the one in charge of fixing things that went wrong, because I too have a good temper, and because I like working with tools. After one of the sockets blew, and kept throwing sparks unless the electricity was off, I decided to try and fix the wires in the sockets. So, now I know how to take them apart.

However, having to change the sockets whilst everyone else is working has become quite difficult. It's changing to winter, so the sun comes late, and disappears early. Since the electricity has to be off for us to play with the wires, we're limited to the short time the sun is up for us all to work.

I argued that the others should do their jobs first, so they could have the lights, but Taehyung kept arguing that the paint would be ruined if we started to pull them out after he finished. I said we'll do them first, and then the others could do their jobs. He couldn't think of a good counter argument for that one, but he still refused. The others weren't bothered for an argument, so they just told us to do it all at the same time.

It's been a good week since we started, and, to be honest, I thought we would at least be somewhat finished by now. I mean, how hard is it to paint some walls, and put down some floorboards?

Quite hard, it seems. There's so many staples in the underlayer of the carpet that we can't even step on it before it's all pulled out. The walls need numerous coats of paint, but they take ages to dry, and Hoseok and I can't screw the plugs into place until the wall is finished. We're all just stepping over each other, and getting in everyone's way.