Hoseok's Epilepsy: The Diagnosis

Hoseok's POV -

I awake with a bad headache. I roll over in bed, whining softly, to be met with something warm. My eyes fly open to be met with Jimin's. He smiles coyly at me, before ripping the blanket off and pulling me into a sitting position. "Hobi hyung! Happy Birthday!"

I screw my eyes up, trying to make sense of my body. I feel all tingly and dizzy, but at the same time I feel tired and a little disorientated. I open my eyes, and take in the banner and balloons all over my room. Jimin smiles at me again. "When did you do this?"

"Just before you woke. I've never known you to sleep so deeply! Hey ... are you feeling alright? You look a bit pale."

I shake my head a little, trying to clear the fuzziness in my ears. "I don't feel great, actually. I think I'm coming down with a cold."

I don't usually open up so quickly, so Jimin takes me seriously. He pads quietly out of the room, and comes back with a glass of water and some pain killers. He props up my pillows against the headrest of the bed, and slowly helps me lean back onto them. I try to relax, ignoring the pain growing behind my eyes. Jimin holds the pill up to my mouth, opening his own so that I'll do the same. He helps me take the pill, then pulls the blanket back up to my chest. "You want me to call a doctor? You might have the flu."

"No, I'm okay. I think I just need to go back to sleep for a little." Jimin nods again, and slips out the room. He's left his own bed unmade, which he's usually pretty picky on, but he's happy to give me some quiet time before I start the day.

*

When I wake again, the pain is even worse. I rush to the bathroom and throw up, coughing hard as I try and clear my airway to breathe. The shivering gets worse, so I have to curl up on the floor to stop the pain. My whole head feels fuzzy, like I'm wrapped in cotton wool, and my arms and legs have gone tingly, like I've got pins and needles shooting through me. I sit up and vomit again, getting hit so hard with nausea I nearly pass out.

There's a soft knock on the door, and Yoongi comes in, looking a little worried. "Hobi? Are you sick?" I stupidly shake my head, which makes me vomit again. Yoongi kneels next to me and rubs my back softly. "Shh, it's okay, breathe Hobi."

I lean against him, taking deep breaths to calm my body down. He holds me close, wiping his hand over my sweaty head. It's a long time until the room stops spinning, but, now that I've cleared my system, I start to feel a little better. Yoongi helps me to my feet. I sway, a little unsteady, and when I walk, I keep losing my balance. I've never felt this way before.

Yoongi lowers me onto the sofa in the living room. I rest my head on Seokjin's knees, who takes one look at me and immediately puts his phone down so that he can stroke through my hair. I relax into him, smiling a little at the pleasure of having my hair played with. "You're not allowed to be sick on your birthday," he says, starting to plait a piece of my fringe. "Do you think it's a sickness bug?"

"I don't know. I feel really out of it. I feel like someone might have spiked my drink, or something. I've never felt so weird before."

"Each illness is different," Seokjin says knowingly, like he's double my age. He rests his hand on my forehead. "You're not feverish. Maybe you've got food poisoning?"

Yoongi sits on the other end of the sofa, lifting my feet so that I can rest on him too. "He's just puked."

"I heard."

"We can postpone your birthday, y'know. We don't have to celebrate today. We can tell the fans, I'm sure they'll be very understanding if you don't go live tonight."

I sigh softly, shutting my eyes. "I don't mind not celebrating. But I always have some time with ARMY, whether it be a livestream or holding some sort of event. I'm sure I'll feel better later, I'm sure."