Taehyung Gets Shot

Taehyung's POV -

Tonight is a very special night. We're performing a charity concert in LA, America, for children who are victims of domestic abuse, in links to UNICEF. All of the money raised from fans buying tickets and merchandise will all go to the charity. I'm very excited for this, although it will be a concert like all of our others, I just have the good feeling that I know what I am doing is going to help lots of other people.

There's definitely been some extra nerves as we prepare behind the stage. Jimin especially is very scared of messing up any of the vocals or routines, since the concert will be broadcasted on live TV, to help raise more money. We really will be in the eyes of millions, plus we don't want people to think that we shouldn't be trusted with this experience.

"You remember the choreo change in Not Today, right?" Hoseok asks as we make our way to the stage, the opening music nearly washing out his words. "We can't dance in the triangle formation during the second chorus because the stage is too narrow, so we're doing it in pairs with Jungkook in front."

I nod. This change only took place about half an hour ago. When we did our practice round, there was enough space, but the crew only just let us know that there will be cameras placed alongside the stage, therefore taking around quarter of the space we needed. Lots of changes like this have happened before, with even less notice, but it never gets less stressful, especially for poor Hoseok. "Don't worry," I yell, hoping Hoseok can still hear me before he puts his ear piece in, "I'm next to Jimin. Second row in."

Hoseok nods before I finish, clearly unable to hear me but knowing that I won't mess it up. I wouldn't put that pain onto the team.

I walk onto the stage, ready to open for Dionysus, and sit in my designated place. I stare out at the flashing lights of cameras and the ARMY Bombs, watching fans scream and jump out of their seats in excitement. The in-ear pieces block out all of their noise, so that we can hear the music and our own voices, but I can feel their passion in every breath.

Things start smoothly. We work our way through Dionysus, Interlude: Wings, and manage the new changes in Not Today without a single mistake. Jimin's vocals are on point, and Namjoon and Seokjin remain perfectly synchronised with the rest of the group. Had you never watched BTS before, you would never have guessed that those two had been labelled the 'worst dancers' in our group. I think that it's a really unfair title.

Rant time: I really hate how fans constantly tease and belittle Namjoon and Seokjin for being bad dancers. Yes, they are not on the same skill level as Hoseok or Jimin, but they break their backs working so that they can do the dances. They spend so much extra time practicing, working until they collapse, so that they can get it right. They cry, lose their tempers, and feel lost, just for the sake of this group, yet they just have to smile there and take it all whilst they get berated constantly. They may be stiff, but they work just as hard. It's not fair.

Jungkook performs Euphoria without a hitch, and I do Singularity with no problems. Hoseok begins on Just Dance. From the back, watching him from all of the camera angles, I see his ankle slip. It was a minute incident that none of the fans will have noticed, since Hoseok dealt with it like the professional he is and didn't show any body movement or facial expressions, but I can feel the pain in my own ankle. Once it's over, he limps off the stage for Namjoon to take his place on stage. The crew immediately surround him, getting him a wheelchair even though he's able to walk, so that he can't damage it more, and press an ice pack onto the ankle. Hoseok hisses in pain, starting to panic that he won't be able to perform any more.

"Hyung!" Jungkook calls out, rushing over. "Are you okay?"

He nods, but he's holding back tears. I don't think he's crying from pain, but over the fact he messed up, and the fear that maybe people noticed him doing it. "It's alright. I'm fine, but what if they saw? I fucked it up!"