Jungkook's Spinal Injury

Jungkook's POV -

Today is a new day, and I'm really excited.

For the past week, we've been filming the new series of Bon Voyage, and this time we're in a resort just outside Ottawa, Canada. I've never been to Canada before.

I wanted it to be snowing, and all soft and glistening, but it's just normal American-hot weather, because it's summer, not winter. I thought it would still at least be cooler, but nope. I was wrong. My balls still sweat as soon as I step out of an AC-blessed room. Shame. I love the winter. Maybe when we do the winter series of Bon Voyage, we can come again. I'd love to be in a snow shut-in, where the snow covers the door and you can't get out.

Let me tell you about the resort, though. It's beautiful. It's in a very scenic area, with a massive lake just outside our condo. There's a place just down the road where you can rent a rowing boat, and you can travel the whole lake if you want. There's only about 4 condos in the whole 3 square miles of land, so you don't really end up seeing anyone else who is staying. It means we can make as much noise as we want, and we don't have to worry about disturbing other guests. Trees litter the miles, but aren't thick enough to create woodland areas, meaning we can walk through the trees and still feel the sun on our backs. The roads are made of gravel, and weave into lots of little walking routes, so you can see all of the nature around you.

We wake up to bird song every morning. There's all sorts of bugs I've never seen in Korea, and there's fresh plants outside that you can pick and eat, if you really wanted to. The whole area seems very self-preserving. I could stay here for months and never touch my phone. I almost don't want to come home.

Until today. I awake, with Taehyung's feet practically in my mouth, to the sound of rain slamming against the windows. The log condo keeps warmth inside, but it's gone a sort of sticky humid texture, meaning I'm still sweating and uncomfortable.

I slide out of bed, shaking the sticky duvet away from me, and head over to the French doors. I slide open the curtains, to be faced with storm-level rain, soaking the glass, making the world outside look warped. I can hear the rain slapping the pond from here. It's beautiful. I love it just as much as the sun. I slide the glass open, feeling the wind grab my clothes, and take in that smell of rain on grass.

"Shut the window," Taehyung mumbles from the bed, pulling the sheets around his body, despite how hot it is in the room.

I do as I'm told. I slide the door shut, and head out into the condo. The heat doesn't get any better. I look up at one of the cameras placed in the hall, and almost wish it wasn't there. I'd love to take my PJ shirt off, but it'll just get added to the video, and I don't want that. I head to the back door, open it, and step out, barefoot, onto the decking. The rain drenches my clothes in an instant, and I have to put my hand over my eyes to stop the rain from blinding me. In the distance, I hear thunder rumble.

"Jungkook!" someone yells behind me. My arm gets grabbed, and I'm yanked back into the house. "What the hell are you playing at? You're soaked through!"

"Hey!" I cry. "You're hurting me! Let me go!"

Seokjin drops my arm like I'm on fire. "Are you trying to catch yourself a cold? Why are you standing out there in the rain like that? There's a massive storm from America coming through here!"

I stand shivering, my clothes dripping onto the hardwood floor. "I like the rain, hyung! You know I do! And it's way too hot in here, anyway, I'm just going out to cool down."

Seokjin can't argue with me, as there are small beads of sweat starting to form on his forehead. "Yeah. Well. We should find out how to turn the AC on, or something."