Jimin: Wisdom Teeth

this is a soft chapter lmao

requests by anonymous and Greluex :)

---------------------------

Jimin's POV -

Hoseok sits softly on my bed, and presses the icepack against my swollen cheek, shushing me when I whine a little. It feels both soothing and painful at the same time, and I can't figure out if I really like it or not. His other hand strokes my hair gently, trying to soothe my nerves too, but that only works for Hoseok. Having my hair played with does nothing for me. I'm more of a tummy touches person.

"Is it really sore?" he asks, moving the icepack a little so I can talk to him.

"Yeeeees," I manage to hiss out. I didn't think my tongue would swell up with an impacted wisdom tooth, but I must have caught it against the tooth and hurt it. My whole mouth just feels like a warm, wet pit of ugh.

Hoseok strokes my hair a little faster, but I know he can't drop what he wants to say. "You'll have to go to a dentist, baby. You'll only make yourself ill if you leave your tooth all gunked up like that."

I whine, trying to pull away from him, but he won't let me. I'm the only member of Bangtan who hasn't had their wisdom teeth removed, and now I'm really regretting it. I'm absolutely terrified of the dentist, and refused to go with Taehyung when he had his done. The thought of someone poking around in my mouth genuinely makes me feel sick.

People only really have their wisdom teeth removed if there's a problem with them, which is why I don't understand why the rest of Bangtan went ahead with it. They have no problems with their teeth, so why remove them? I didn't think I would have problems with mine, but now one of them has come through sideways, and has created a massive abscess. I have never, in my life, felt a pain like it.

Obviously, I know if I had just had them removed, I wouldn't have to suffer the way I am now, but when I think of the fingers poking around in my mouth, and the needles and the scrapy things and the drills, my head goes all woozy, and I have to sit down. I think the dentist is my biggest fear, much to my dismay. If I weren't so afraid, I probably would have had braces as a teenager.

No matter what happens now, I know it's time for at least the infected one to be removed. They'll probably remove the others too. I want the pain gone, I really do, but I don't want to go to the dentist. I'd really rather suffer.

"Baby," Hoseok soothes, shushing me softly. I can feel the baby tears welling in my eyes. The boys know I'm afraid, and they don't tease me, but I feel silly. I keep thinking that I shouldn't have this fear, and that everyone goes to the dentist, but I just can't wrap my head around it. My hands start to shake just at the thought. Hoseok sees it, and shushes me again. "You poor boy. You're terrified."

"Hyung," I whimper, letting the tears drip. I let myself show weakness, as I know there's no way out this time. "Hyung, I really don't want to!"

Hoseok wipes my tears gently. "I know you don't sweetheart, but it'll make the pain stop, yeah? And then you can forget it ever happened, and you won't have to worry about your wisdom teeth."

I want to tell him how angry I am that, out of all of us, it has to be me who ends up with wisdom teeth problems, since I'm the only one who didn't get them removed - I really had that small percentage of complications happen to me - but it's too many words, and it'll hurt too much to say them. I just whimper again.

Yoongi comes in, holding his phone to his chest. "The emergency dentist has an appointment for you in four hours, is that okay?"

I shake my head desperately, but Hoseok nods. "That's fine. We have practice off today, so we can stay with him."