Hoseok's ADHD

okay i just really wanna say thank you so much for 50k reads, and 2k votes. thats literally mad ahaha its crazy how popular this has gotten. ive only been doing this for a few months, and im still learning the ropes here. thank you all so much for supporting me, and giving me ideas to write. : )

request by anonymous : )

--------------------------

Hoseok's POV -

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6 years old. I mean, it's obvious, isn't it? I can't sit still, I talk too much, and speak over other people all the time. Although I've never officially said anything, I think the fans realised on our first ever fan meeting. I just couldn't sit still, and I kept going off topic. I'm still the same now, 7 years on.

I'm still the same from when I was a child really, but just a little more calmed down. My medication helps keep me on track, but it still doesn't stop all of the symptoms coming through. The medicine was pretty helpful for school, but now that I work, it all seems a bit pointless.

I really struggled at school, though the medication helped me focus a little more. When I was younger, my teachers didn't really understand that I struggled for what seemed like no reason, and didn't encourage me to fall into better learning plans. As a teenager, the teachers wanted to help more, but I'd gotten into dance, which was helping me feel a little more relaxed, but that was all I wanted to do. Dance.

It's what I lived and breathed for. My voice wasn't terrible, and I started dreaming about being some sort of street dancer, or a back-up dancer in videos and on stage. I was part of a dance group in the street, and I was winning awards at competitions, I was that good. I didn't need education.

I auditioned for JYP Entertainment first. The judges fell in love with me, and I started flying through the rounds. As soon as it came to singing, though, they suddenly dropped me, and said my voice was too 'harsh', and that I kept interrupting the other singers. They didn't know about my ADHD. I couldn't help it.

A star-searcher from BigHit found me, though, and gave me their card. I'd never heard of them, but when I searched them, I saw that they'd already had some debuts. They weren't doing well, but they were just starting out, really. Like me. I decided to give them a shot.This time, I was honest about my ADHD. I told them I found it hard to concentrate, or to sit still and listen. They didn't get thrown off, and helped me stay calm and distracted when others were taking their turn.

Again, I flew through the rounds, and managed to get through into the trainee camp. There were only two others at the time; Yoongi and Namjoon. They were both rappers, though there were no plans to what I was going to be. They wanted another rapper, but I'd never tried before, but my voice wasn't fantastic, either.

Some people left the line-up before we debuted, leaving us seven now. Through the three years we trained, I fought with everyone constantly, and since I was so on-edge, I often started to fight. When BTS debuted, I was on my final warning with the company. I nearly lost my spot.

The boys were more understanding than I thought about my issues. They just accepted it, even though we fought about everything all the time. They hated me interrupting, talking over, forgetting, sighing, fidgeting, and they hated me keeping them up when I couldn't get back to sleep. We only seemed to get on during dance, since the constant exercise cooled me off, and I was insanely good at teaching, too.

Over time, the boys have learnt more about ADHD, and have sympathy. Though we don't do much towards education, the boys can see that I didn't do well in school. I am not dumb. I just don't know a lot of facts, or have a lot of common sense. I just amble through life, living for my dance. Like I said, I didn't need it for dance.