Namjoon Gets Knocked Down (Pt 1)

Seokjin's POV -

Early in the morning, we set off to our first scheduled event of the day: swimming. PDnim read an article a few months ago that said swimming is the best way to keep fit and healthy, without tiring out the body too much. So, every other morning, we go for an hour swim before dance practice, despite the fact that we keep arguing all the dancing we do is already enough to keep us in shape. Well, I've stopped complaining now, as the more energy we burn, the more we get to eat. I really love food, okay?

Not many of us are all too keen on swimming. Yoongi can't swim well at all, and doesn't really want to put much effort into getting better at it either. He keeps saying he has a fear of water or something, but I know that isn't true. Yoongi is a Pisces, a water sign, so like, shut up Yoongi. Hoseok also isn't the brightest swimmer, but he'll put effort into anything as long as he doesn't get in trouble. Taehyung has only really just learnt, and when he goes to the pool, he wants to mess around more than actually swim, which just means that he gets in all of our way. Jimin, Jungkook, Namjoon and I are pretty good swimmers, but again, none of us really want the added pressure on top of us.

At the pool we find out that we're going to be alone, as the swimming instructor is on another course. Which means, we don't actually have to swim! Yoongi immediately pulls up a chair and sits down, pulling out his phone, while the rest of us get changed. Jimin shyly takes Taehyung's hand, walking him to the side of the pool. I turn to watch as Jimin pushes Taehyung hard into the water, but Taehyung turns and grabs Jimin's arm, so that he falls in too.

"Boys, stop it!" Hoseok calls out when they resurface. Hoseok has a fear of drowning, like he fears everything else, and doesn't really like it when people mess around, especially in the deeper end. Jimin and Taehyung take no notice of this, and continue to splash and duck each other.

Namjoon scoops Hoseok up, making him scream loudly, and jumps into the pool with him. I follow them in, helping Hoseok resurface since he started panicking underwater.

"Namjoon! How dare you!"

Namjoon swims away from him idly, smirking.

"Why would you-"

"Hey!"

I turn at the sound of Jungkook's voice, who's standing at the top of the highest diving board, looking down at us with bemused interest. "Get out the way, I'm gonna do a mega dive!"

"JK! Get down!" Hoseok cries, faltering. He knows he has no way of stopping Jungkook, it's not like he listens to what we say anyway, and there's no chance that Hoseok will climb all the way to the top to go and get him.

Jungkook takes a running dive, curling into a perfect ball and performing a few somersaults, before straightening himself out perfectly and hitting the water cleanly, barely making a splash. I already know that Jungkook has never been taught to dive, but that he was just born with the raw talent to do just about anything he sets his mind to. He comes back to the top of the water, grinning at us. "How did it look? Was it good?"

"I think you know the answer to that," I say, half impressed and half mockingly. Why can't I do things like that?

Yoongi blows a whistle loudly, making us all startle. "I'm the instructor today. I want six hundred and seventy two laps, now!"

Jimin swims up to the edge of the pool where Yoongi is sitting, and splashes him, soaking him in one hit. Yoongi gasps, standing up, staring down at his now wet clothes. "We'll swim when you get in," Jimin says coyly, swimming away smoothly.

"You!" Yoongi shouts, trying to dry his clothes with a towel. He doesn't look all too impressed.

This time it's Taehyung at the top of the diving board, looking over fearfully. He puts on his bravest expression and stands at the edge of the board, but then his knees start shaking and he backs off again, trying to laugh it off. Soon, the whole pool is full of chants; "Jump! Jump!" Then, Jimin appears behind Taehyung, and we all know what comes next. Taehyung falls into the pool, clawing at the air on the way down. Jimin jumps in neatly after him, only narrowly missing Taehyung's head.