Jimin: Poisoning

⚠️ hey guys! i have a new story out and i'd be super grateful if you checked it out! it's called 'losing jimin'. PLEASE BE WARNED: the story will contain and already does contain graphic scenes and triggering content. there will be no warning to this in the chapters so PLEASE !! view at your own discretion ⚠️

!! Trigger Warning: Mentions of Suicide !!

request by anonymous :)

----------------------

Jimin's POV -

I close Twitter with a sigh. It's somehow become a meme for whenever I post a selfie, everyone replies, 'drink bleach'. I have no idea if it's supposed to be a joke, or if the haters really are out to get me. I always seem to be doing something wrong. I always seem to be the one at the butt of the joke, but I never get to find the jokes out.

Even fans on Weverse have started to do it. Every post, even if I'm replying to another member, is promptly filled with 'drink bleach'. Like it's not even funny? Have I done something to upset the fans? Or is this some sort of English joke that I won't be able to get the hang of because I don't speak English fluently?

It would probably hurt more if it was the first time, but I've been bullied off of social media many times in the past. Sometimes it's just something that happens. The haters manage to gather together and start to attack, and then get bored when you stop posting. Sometimes it's the fans, angry over some miniscule thing you did that you'll never quite remember. Sometimes it's both together, and it just doesn't make sense to me.

Yoongi looks up from his own phone, taking in my slightly down expression. "That was a long sigh. What's up?"

I give a small shrug, but there's not really any point in lying about it. I mean, it won't be long until the other members start to see the comments, especially if it moves over to their own posts, and they'll soon notice that I won't be posting anymore, or approving any selfies with me. I just need  a cleanse from social media, and wait for this silly joke to be over, and it's safe for me to go back into loving territory. "People are just being mean on Twitter. It's not a big deal."

Yoongi frowns, and unlocks his own phone, quickly scrolling to the tweet I just posted. He takes a few seconds as he scrolls through the replies, his frown deepening as he sees each repeated comment. "I don't get it."

"Me neither, hyung."

He looks at me, his eyes watching my face closely. "Jimin, if you've done something to upset people, you should let me know now, so we can get it sorted out now."

He backs off when I give him an astonished look. "Hyung! Of course I haven't done anything! It's been going on for about a month now, and I still haven't been called for a meeting, so it can't be anything serious. It has to be one of those memes, or something."

Yoongi shakes his head gently. "Telling someone to essentially kill themselves-" I flinch, "-in different words isn't a very funny meme. Though I believe you haven't done or said anything to make this start. We should report it, though, in case the bullying gets any worse."

I just shrug. "Yeah. Sure. I'm not gonna do anything to myself though, hyung. I just don't think it's very funny, that's all. I'll just take a break from social media, and that way knows that I don't like it."

Yoongi looks at me carefully again. "Are you sure it's not going to get to you? This isn't the first time ... and I know you take things a little personally sometimes."

This time, I nod my head more firmly instead of a response. Yoongi stays looking at me for a few more seconds, but slowly goes back to the laptop that's in front of him, and soon, he slides his earphones into place, and his head bobs slowly to whatever beat he's creating. With the way he's going, he won't even remember the conversation.