↠ lee

The hockey puck flew across the concrete, through Carlos' legs and into the goal. 

Logan, James, Alexa, and Jo and erupted into cheers as Camille and Kendall groaned. Carlos through his stick to the ground. 

"You guys have more players!" Kendall pointed out, defending their team in a game of spirited street hockey. 

"Where's your fourth player?" Logan mocked, high-fiving Jo at her victory. 

"Where's his girlfriend?" Carlos mimicked, nodding to James. The gang decided to have an impromptu street hockey game with one rule: you can't be on the same team as your boyfriend/girlfriend. Emily had been called into the studio earlier that day and wasn't answering her phone. 

James shrugged, slightly bothered she wasn't able to join them, "She's still at the studio."

"It's been hours. What could she be doing?" Camille asked them. Truth is the guys had no idea. Emily didn't even know when she left the Palm Woods that morning. The guys shared a grim look of confusion. 

"Do you want to switch teams until she gets here?" Alexa asked the group. 

"No need," Jo answered, looking off towards the main street. The rest of the group turned to see what Jo was staring at in interest. 

Emily walked across the street with three guys, the four of them hysterically laughing. For someone who had spent hours at work unexplained and sudden, the girl seemed to be in a great mood. And it bothered Big Time Rush. 

"Hey," Emily grinned, waving at her friends as she and the guys approached them. "Guys, this is Big Time Rush, Camille, Jo, and Alexa," she introduced them. "And this is Bridger, Teddy, and Reece," she said, pointing to a slender, pale boy with sandy hair; a dark-skinned guy in a button down; and a tall brunette with thick hair. "Griffin is having them record demos in the studio."

The girls gave the new boys a friendly wave, each of them knowing the others were thinking the same thing: the guy weren't happy with this. 

"Well, we're playing some hockey," Logan broke the ice. 

"You guys want to join?" Camille jumped in, inviting everyone and not just Emily to join their game. 

"Can't. Lee is helping us with the demo song," Reece said, referring to the girl by a nickname from the ending syllable in her name. 

"Maybe another time," Emily told them, her and the guys going inside to her apartment. 

"Lee?" Kendall incredulously asked aloud. 

"Why do they get to go to her apartment on the first day?" Carlos asked. 

Jo cautiously looked at the guys, "She's just doing her job."

"She wasn't that friendly when we got here," Logan grumbled. 

"They didn't drown her in pool water," Alexa casually said, the guys glaring. "Sorry, I know that's an important plot point in your relationship." 

The band wasn't in a street-hockey-mood after seeing Emily with another group, much less seeing her enjoy being with them. The group went their separate ways for the day, meaning the boys locked themselves in the crib to sulk and plot. 

"Who were those guys?"

"Why is she working with them?"

"No one calls her Lee."

"I bet they can't play hockey."

The four guys began spurting out questions over one another in exasperation at the interaction moments before outside.