1.09; demo

Emily hates giving bad news.

And she could never do it to the band.

She tried once.

Her and Carlos occasionally had movie nights together. On their fourth one, the rest of the boys had found out and invited themselves in.

When Emily realized she didn't have enough popcorn for all of them. Kendall got all sad and she thought Logan might cry.

Movie night was postponed for an hour while Emily walked to the store to buy more.

That's why Kelly was delivering the plane tickets to the boys.

If the demo wasn't picked, the band goes back to Minnesota.

It was bad enough the news might make them cry, Emily might cry telling them.

Emily sat in the booth with Gustavo, finishing up the demo and exporting it for Griffin.

Just as they uploaded Famous to the demo, a corral of hockey players ambushed them in the booth.

The two backed their chairs up against the wall, seeing the upset band in front of them.

"We don't want to go home. We want to stay here," Kendall spoke.

"And get famous!" James said, urgently.

"Yeah, about that... Too bad!" Gustavo shouted in return.

"It's been three months. The demos are done," Emily told them, regretfully.

"That was the "deal,'" Gustavo reminded the boys.

"Right... What are demos again?" Carlos asked, confused, earning a few looks of disbelief from the rest of the team in the booth.

"They're the sample songs we've been recording that if the record company likes, then you get to stay here, make a full album, go on tour, and then you become famous!" Kelly explained, singing the melody to one of their songs.

"But if they don't pick it, I take over my father's scooter business, Emily becomes homeless-"

"What?" The girl interrupted.

"and you go back to Minnesota and be nobodies again," Gustavo told them, creating a yelp out of James.

"But we've worked so hard," Kendall pleaded. "We're so close!"

"You're not so close."

"We're almost there?" Logan asked.

The three in charge shook their heads in response.

"Halfway there?" Carlos questioned.

"You're almost halfway there," Emily corrected, cheerfully.

"Now, I'm going to go to my office. Please do not follow me," The producer said, dashing away with Emily and Kelly, shutting the office door behind them, only to have it swing back open.

The boys piled in the room, gathering around Emily who remained on the opposite side of the desk. "How could Griffin not pick Big Time Rush? He loves us," James thought.

"Griffin loves all the bands with demos, and there are six of them, but only one gets picked," Gustavo explained, holding up his fingers to count.

"And the one that everybody is talking about is Vampirah," Kelly mentioned, holding up their demo for the boys to see.

James yelped again, taking the demo from Kelly. "Vampire dudes with guitars. We're toast," Logan scoffed in disbelief.

"Hey, hey, hey, we are not toast. What's the one thing we've learned since we've been in L.A.?" Kendall asked, reasoning with his friends.