2.10; crush

Kendall and Jo were exclusive. 

Logan and Camille were... whatever was going on there.

James and Emily had their unspoken attraction.

And Carlos... Carlos really wanted a girlfriend. 

That's how they ended up in tree hats.

Logan was disguised as an old woman who James, a robber, would steal from in front of a girl by the pool. Carlos would knock James out, return the purse, and give a bouquet of flowers Emily was to set to the girl. Kendall was convinced he would get a date out of this plan. 

"This is Tree Hat, I repeat, this is Tree Hat," Kendall said over the walkie-talkie. "Is everybody in position?"

"Helpless old lady, ready," Logan confirmed. 

Emily leaned over to James, "$20 says this doesn't work," she mumbled, holding her hand out. 

James smirked, shaking her hand, as her pulled the ski mask down over his face, "Purse snatcher, good to go."

Emily stepped out, placing a vase of flower on the pool table besides the chair the target girl was lounging in, "Flowers in position."

"Copy that. Operation "Get Carlos A Girlfriend" is underway," Kendall said. 

Kendall ducked over to a dressed up Carlos, giving him a run down of the plan and giving a supportive pep talk. 

Kendall jumped back onto the slightly elevated patio, crouching with Emily, giving the signal, "Caw caw-caw!"

The two peered through the bushes as Logan trotted along, holding out the purse. James jumped out, grabbing the other end, the two in a dramatic tug-of-war. Emily smacked Kendall's arm excitedly as Carlos ran between them, yanking the purse free. 

Then he turned and soaked Logan. Emily gasped, a hand covering her mouth as Kendall winced. Carlos then grabbed the flowers, handing them to the mugger, and returning the purse to the girl of target. 

Emily gasped for breath as she fell over laughing. She sat up, seeing the girl scream in fear and run off. She hung on Kendall's shoulders as she died in a fit of laughter. 

Kendall sighed, "Yeah. We probably should have rehearsed more."

James took off his mask, groaning as Logan stared Carlos down in frustration after recovering. 

"Stop laughing!" Kendall snapped at Emily, shaking her off him. The girl continued to giggle hysterically. 

"I can't," she gasped. "He gave her the purse." Kendall rolled his eyes, shutting off the walkie-talkie. She gasped yet again, silencing her laughter, "I just got $20." Her eyes fluttered with joy as she raised her hand ecstatically, getting James' attention, "James! I'll give you an hour to come up with the money," she shouted to him. The boy fake laughed in response, punching Carlos in the arm for losing him the bet. 

Emily placed her radio back in Kendall's hand, walking off while still laughing to herself. 

"Where are you going?" Kendall asked. 

"I have to tell everyone about this."

***

"What do you mean we can't hang out?" Emily whined. 

Jo and Camille both just rejected her invitation to a girl's night in her apartment. They had one at least once a month. They'd have baking competitions, prank call Jett, and of course, dish about Big Time Rush. And Emily had lots to get off her chest.