1.14; dance

"Okay, everyone, pencils down," Miss Collins said. 

Emily's pencil had been down for a few minutes. She knew the only other person who for sure finished early was Logan, but he was the type to check his work. Emily went with her first instinct. If she didn't know it before, she wouldn't know it now. 

"Pass your finals forward, and I'll see you all at tonight's end-of-year Palm Woods school party."

Emily rolled her eyes as the class groaned. 

"Wow. Everyone seems really not excited," Logan said. 

From beside him, Camille leaned over, "No, it's great. We get cupcakes, punch, and entertainment... By Bitters."

"Miss Collins, don't you think we could do something remotely cool for our end-of-the-year school party?" Kendall asked. 

"Like a dance," James suggested, peaking interest with the class.

"With slow dances," Logan added.

"And dates to slow dance with," Carlos smiled. 

Emily smiled as the class broke out in agreement . 

"Well, we've never had a school dance before, because we're really just one small classroom," Miss Collins shrugged. "But if a certain band wants to be the new school dance committee, sounds great."

When the cheering settled, Miss Collins spoke directly to the band, "So you need to find a theme, snacks, decorations, chaperones, and we have no money, no place to have it, and since today's the last day of school, we need to have it tonight."

Seeing the boys react, dumbfounded, Emily raised her hand. 

"I'll handle it."

Pleased, she dismissed class. 

Emily swung her backpack over her shoulder, walking out. Jo fell in step beside her as Camille turned around from in front of them. 

"You're really going to handle all that?" Camille asked.

Scoffing, "Of course not. I'll get Gustavo to host the dance at the studio, but the rest is on them," she told her friends, falling into one of the chairs in the lobby. 

Stephanie sat beside her, "You getting a date?"

"Probably not," Emily said, not bothered. 

"One of the boys won't ask you?"

Shaking her head, smiling, "Logan might ask a certain actress," she said, looking up to a blushing Camille. "James has his pick of the litter. We all know who Kendall is going to ask," she said, rolling her eyes in Jo's direction as Camille playfully bumped her shoulder. "And I think you should go with Carlos." 

Smiling, Stephanie blushed, liking Carlos. 

Jo interrupted, "Oh, here comes Kendall. I think he's gonna ask me to the dance," she told the girls, excited.

Kendall and his friends stopped at the seating area where the girls were. "Jo, hey I need to ask you something." Jo smiled, anticipating. "Could you go to the convenience store and get them to donate some snack-age for the dance?"

Emily's face dropped, confused, as did Jo's.

"Oh, sure, Kendall. Is that the only thing you wanted to ask me?"

"Oh, no, um... Could get some sodies too? "

"Sure," Jo said, walking off to get the snacks, bothered.