3.01; backstage

The best and worst part of the world tour was no other country or performance was as exciting as London.

No, the rest of tour was significantly calmer, filled with sleepless nights, travel, sightseeing, fans, and, for the new couple in the group, attempts to sneak out together.

Since saving the world, and publicly engaging in an official relationship, Emily and James obviously both seemed happier with themselves. They had no problems. Most likely due to the absence of reality in their fresh relationship. Their honeymoon phase would end with the tour.

Their time in Europe ended as well. The last concert of tour was in Toronto, Canada. For the first few shows, Emily made it a responsibility to be a the guys side for every need they could have while in between songs: water, towel, energy, pep talk, throat coat, wardrobe fix...

She also made it a habit to intently watch each show, not just feeling obligated to support her new boyfriend, but the band she works with. Hearing the same songs and watching the same routine night after night got tiring real fast and the girl gradually switched from watching the show to lazily chilling backstage while the guys were on stage. In an odd way, it was the closest she had to alone time all tour. Every other moment was spent setting up, assisting Gustavo, spending time with the guys, or trying to find a moment with James.

Her backstage breaks were perfect for checking for updates on social media feeds about Jean-Pierre, a french cricket Carlos adopted, studying Star Wars since James was a huge fan, and uploading videos and backstage pictures to Big Time Rush's page.

Ever since arriving for call time when Kendall found the Wall of Fame backstage, he made it his mission to get BTR on the wall for beating the record of fastest quick change, currently held by NSYNC.

A minute until the show started, and the guys hadn't changed yet. Kendall and James were by far the most focused on their quick change. Carlos was swinging on a rope and Logan had been flipping out all day over some science book he promised to himself he'd finished before tour was over and he just started.

"One minute and counting, boys," Emily announced, slouching in the leather chair where the guys were all stretching, reading, and swinging back and forth.

"You gonna miss watching me stretch before shows?" James smirked, stretching his arm over his head. Emily smiled, rolling her eyes at her boyfriend, not giving him the satisfaction  of being right.

"Stop flirting," Kendall told his friend. "Focus."

"Why aren't you dressed?"

The groups' focus shifted to the panicked producer, wheeling in behind his transportable cue board.

"Because we are about to break N'SYNC's 3.9 second backstage change record," Kendall proudly said.

"And then Big Time Rush joins the rock and roll legends on Canada's Wall of Fame," James hummed, admirably gazing at the painted records with the guys. 

"Go!" Logan and Carlos shouted at Emily. The girl turned in her chair watching the guys hurdled themselves over the couches to the changing tent. As soon as the curtains shut, she hit the stopwatch. 

Within two seconds, the tent had fallen over, collapsing on the guys. The girl amusing chuckled, staring at the ticking clock. She lifted up part of the curtain, seeing her friends sprawled over each other, tangled in loose clothes. 

"You're currently at 10.3 seconds," she smugly told them. 

"Emily!" Kendall snapped, tugging the curtain shut to block her out.