4.12; dreams

Thinking, we don't want to get caught up in overthinking. 

We only got tonight. 

There's a moment on a rollercoaster when the car isn't moving up or down. It's not inclined, on a slope, but it's not stopped. The car is cruising on a plateau. Emily Moore had been plateauing for years while stuck in her small routine. And then the car starts moving upwards, but it's been moving the whole time and nothing feels different even though the car is traveling up on a steep slope. Then suddenly, the car drops, free falling down with a feeling of thrill and shock from the unsuspected nosedive. 

Big Time Rush was her nosedive. Ever since those four, hocking-playing, video game-loving, girl-obsessed, immature, passionate, crazy, dumb boys soaked her with water guns out by the pool. Her life turned around. Work was a place to get creative and inspired and occasionally sneak around. Home wasn't a quiet place for rest anymore. It was a place of chaos and family and fights and schemes.  

Just like a rollercoaster, they had ups, like when the band went on their first tour, and downs, like breakups, and there were giant loops that shook their heads and gave the group of five a lost sense of direction, like when James forced everyone to dress up as fake superheroes so they could break into another studio to steal back their album drive. 

But eventually, all coasters have to stop. 

The Tween Choice Awards rolled around before they knew it and James still hadn't found the perfect moment to tell Emily. Emily on the other hand hadn't even realized she was in love with James. Not in touch with her feelings, most of what Emily felt towards James went over her head and she didn't even notice how it made her feel. 

The day leading up to the show, the guys had rehearsal, a tech run through, then another rehearsal for a commercial they were shooting, recording for the commercial, shooting the actual commercial, and in the mean time, devise the perfect plan to tell Emily they loved her. 

"This is amazing!" Carlos cried walking onto stage. The guys walked on for their rehearsal the day before the show. With passes around their necks, the guys awed at the massive theater and soon to be filled seats in front of them. "We've been watching this show all our lives."

"And now we're performing on it!" James exclaimed. 

"Dogs!" Gustavo and Kelly walked up to the front of the stage from the floor looking up to the band, "Tomorrow night is the night we have worked so long and so hard for. Live from the Tween Choice Awards, all of your dreams will come true."

"Wait," Carlos smiled, "You mean I'm finally gonna get a girlfriend?"

"And I finally find the perfect moment to tell Em I'm in love with– oh my god, she's not here is she?" James started to say before his face flashed white and he held onto Kendall, looking around for his girlfriend. 

Considering the intense to-do list, Gustavo had Emily stay back at the studio, prepping for the commercial. Kelly awed, smiling at James, "No, sweetie, she's at the studio right now."

"And I will find the off-rumored yet never seen Tween Choice goop room, the legendary source of goop," Logan smirked, looking up in thought. 

"Please don't do that."

"The dream is to win the amazing Gustavo Rocque his first purple rocket," the producer said. "What's with you?" He pointed at Kendall, who had been quiet. "Why aren't you shouting out your dream?"

"Well, it's just that every time we do an hour long TV special, something goes horribly wrong," Kendall told them. 

"What?"