3.09; gold

BTR went gold. 

Their album sold over 500,000 copies and earned them a gold record with their own unveiling ceremony. 

Emily gave the guys an encouraging nod, motioning for them to continue smiling while the press snapped multiple photos. 

"On behalf of RCM/CBY Globalnet/Sanyoid, it gives me great pleasure to announce that Big Time Rush's Elevate has sold over 500,000 copies and to present them with their first U.S. gold record," Griffin smiled, standing besides Gustavo and the band. 

He swiped the cloth off, revealing the shiny record in the frame. 

"So we all get gold records?" James beamed, continuing to smile. 

"It's a tough economy fellas, so we only made one," Griffin said through his smile. 

"What?"

Gustavo continued to smile, "But you can come visit it here in the studio any time you like."

"No," Carlos dragged out, tugging the frame closer to him. "You can come to the crib and see it any time you like."

"I actually already have a space for it on the wall."

Tugging it back, over Gustavo's shoulder, "Yeah, well I need it near me," James said.

Nervously, "Okay, maybe we should talk about this later," Logan mumbled.

"When there's no cameras around," Kendall suggested, the press letting their cameras fall, confused by their impending argument. 

The boys lets go, stepping back, Emily and Kelly each giving them a warning look. 

"Okay, it's later!" Carlos cried, fighting Gustavo over the record again. Kelly jumped, running around to pull the frame off of Carlos as commotion broke out all over, cameras flashing, people screaming.

Leaving Emily to hide her face, leaving the room until they broke it off. 

***

After the ceremony, the boys frustratedly stormed out of the studio, bothered by their lack of gold records to take home. 

Emily stayed back to work. Work meaning working on arts and crafts, taking a break every now and then to text Jo. 

It was her birthday. 

Kendall had a birthday lunch played in a reserved cabana by the pool, and Jo was hoping to have dinner with Emily and her friends that night. 

Emily pulled up her messages with Kendall, seeing he was texting her. 

Can I have my paycheck early?

Emily told him no. He could pick it up tomorrow. 

But I forgot Jo's birthday! 

Gaping, Emily picked the phone up to her ear, hearing it ring. 

"I know..."

"How can you forget your own girlfriends birthday?" Emily exclaimed in disbelief. 

"I know!"

Another voice answered in the background, "I'll put the other half on my debit card and you can pay me back tomorrow." 

"Aw, thank you, buddy," Kendall sighed. 

"No. Thank Super Friend!

"Did he just call himself Super Friend?" Emily asked.