2.16; moms

Mother's Day. 

Another global holiday Emily did not celebrate. 

This year she'd of course wish a happy day to Mama Knight, but she didn't have a mom. At least not one in her life. 

And she'd made peace with that a while ago. 

The only mom figure, or mom is general, she knew was Mrs. Knight. She'd never met the other boys moms and didn't know much about them. 

So when Carlos, Logan, and Kendall showed up with a frozen James screaming that his mom was in town, her interest peeked. 

"It's for these occasions I've kept such a great friendship with heavy metal's top mom, Lita Ford," Gustavo told them, pointing to the icon in the booth. 

The guys stood frozen James up in the main studio, surrounded by speakers and cushions. Gustavo swore the deafening sound from Lita's guitar would wake him up. 

As the feedback started screeching, Emily squinted her eyes in anticipation as she held her hands over her ears. Lita riffed a chord, the vibrations from the sound knocking James' body back into the bean bags. 

Seeing James blink awake, the group rounded though the booth where they thanked Lita and down to James. 

The guys pulled the dazed boy to his feet as Emily and her bosses stood waiting for an explanation. 

"Okay, what's going on?" Gustavo shouted. 

"My mom- my mom is- my mom-" James stuttered. 

"Okay," Logan intervened, "his mom is taking him back to Minnesota to groom him to take over the family cosmetics business."

Emily's heart dropped, her broken eyes pouring into James', "What?" She muttered. 

"Wait, his mom owns a cosmetics business?" Kelly repeated. 

"She is consider the Este Lauder of the mid-west," Kendall informed, showing off her ad in a magazine. 

"She's part powerful, part beautiful, and all terrifying," Carlos shuddered, his voice low as if she was listening. 

"Well, James is a part of Big Time Rush, so you go back to the Palm Woods and tell her no," Gustavo shrugged.

The boys gasped in fear, sending the three producers into alert. 

"No?" James repeated, "You don't tell my mom no." 

"You just don't," Logan trembled. 

"Why not?" Emily inquired. 

The boys shared a horrifying look. 

"I dropped my prom date as we left for the dance because my mom didn't like her," James remembered. 

"She didn't like my real name and that's why I'm Logan," Logan pointed out. 

"What's your name?" Kelly asked. 

"Hortense."

"We took ballet instead of snowboarding," Carlos said. 

"She was right about my name," Logan shrugged, admitting.

Emily shook her head in confusion, "So this woman is so terrifying, you let her do all that?" 

"Yup." The boys nodded. 

"Luckily, I am not a wimp like you dogs," Gustavo said. "So I'm telling James' mom you are not leaving L.A. or Big Time Rush."

Kelly and Emily followed Gustavo out, taking care of the problem as the boys fearfully chased after them, begging them to stop.