3.04; double date

It was date night. 

Or it would be once Emily told James she was suddenly free for the rest of the day. 

Gustavo discovered he had insanely high blood pressure caused by stress which he's decided is from Emily and the band. Him and Kelly ran into the girl in the lobby of the studio on her way into work, kicking her out and driving her back to the Palm Woods so Gustavo could yell at the boys in person. 

Sure, they caused trouble and panic and messes and chaos, but stress? 

The girl marched through the lobby, seeing three of the four guys at the end by the elevators. 

"Rehearsal is cancelled!" Emily cheered at them. 

"How come?" James asked. 

"Because Gustavo's doctor ordered him to take a 24 hour break from the things that stress him out the most," Kelly answered knowingly. 

Kendall nodded, understandingly, "Oh, Griffin? Budgets? Writer's block?" 

"You, you," Gustavo pointed, "him, her, and Logan!" He snapped, the block on his wrist beeping, flashing red. 

"Ah! His watch is gonna blow!" Carlos cried, taking cover behind Kendall and James. 

"It's a blood pressure monitor," Kelly assured him. "It goes off when he's stressed so-"

"So he should stop yelling?" Emily remarked, the beeping rising again as Gustavo glared.

"Stay away from me for the next 24 hours!" He shouted, backing up slowly with Kelly. 

The girl stiffed a laugh, turning back to her boyfriend, hopefully, "So, now that we're free..." she trailed off. 

James smiled, "Would you like to accompany me on our first official date this evening?" 

Kendall and Carlos creased their brows in astonishment, "You haven't been on a date!" Kendall gasped. 

"Yeah, what about all those movie nights, and picnics in the park?" Carlos reminded them. 

James nodded his head in accusation at his friends, "You mean the movie nights you crashed?"

"And picnics you stole?" Emily said. 

The two guys looked at each other in realization. They just thought it was a hang out they missed the memo for. They smiled guiltily, stepping backwards. 

"6:00?" Emily asked. 

"It's a date," James grinned. Emily stepped forward to kiss his cheek, Carlos' gasp startling them. 

"No rehearsal!" He gasped, "That means I'm free to go out with a Jennifer."

Emily nodded encouragingly, "Wow, everyone just wants to go out tonight," she laughed. 

"Don't say that to Logan," Kendall warned. 

James grimaced, "Yeah, him and Camille had a fight and now she's going on a date with Jett."

"Jett?" Emily repeated, shocked. "What possibly could've happened that she would rather go out with Jett?"

"Oh, Logan said something about data and how you should only date two times a week so you don't break up," Carlos recalled. 

The girl grimaced. She wouldn't be thrilled to hear that from James, but it's nothing compared to how upset Camille must've been. "Yeah, that'll do it," she nodded, giving the guys a flat goodbye as she headed up to the crib to talk to Logan.