↠ goat demon

Emily was rudely woken up in the middle of the night by aggressive pounding on her front door and shouts for her to open it. She hazily walked out of her room as the lock turned and James, Kendall, and Logan stormed in. 

She glanced at the clock on her oven. It was 3:23 in the morning.

"I'm taking away your keys," she told them, holding out her hand with her eyes closed, falling asleep. 

"We have a bone to pick with you," Kendall grumbled, wrapping a stern arm around her shoulder and leading her to sit on the couch before the three of them stood in front of her, arms crossed. 

"Where were you seven hours ago?" Logan interrogated. 

"With Carlos," she answered. 

"And what were you and Carlos doing?" James asked. 

Waking up, she glared at them, "We were hanging out. Is that not allowed anymore?" 

"Not when you take him to a scary movie!" 

Emily sunk into the couch. Carlos promised he wouldn't tell. "Oh."

"Yeah, oh," Logan snapped. 

"You know Carlos isn't allowed to see any movie with monsters, serial killers, stabbing, ghosts, curses, or demonic possession!" Kendall cried. 

"Well, we missed the spy movie we were supposed to see because this kid in line for the carousel cut in front of us and we had to wait for the next ride! And by time we got to the theater, the movie had started and Carlos didn't want to miss anything so I suggested we see something else and he said the only other thing that looked remotely cool was that one!" She defended. 

"Why were you on the carousel?" James asked, a hand over his face. 

"Because they had dolphins." 

Logan shook his head, "He won't go to sleep and keeps waking us up screaming."

"He wasn't supposed to tell you," Emily mumbled. She agreed to see the scary movie instead if Carlos swore he wouldn't tell on her if he got scared later. 

"He's not supposed to see scary movies!"

"Well, I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do about it now," she apologized, turning to go back to bed. 

"No, you're going to talk to Carlos and convince him it wasn't real!" Kendall corrected her. 

"In five hours," she nodded. 

Logan and Kendall both turned to James, gesturing for him to fix this so she could fix Carlos so they could finally sleep. The boy sighed, knowing she was going to be mad. He followed her, turning her to face him before bending over and throwing her over his shoulder. 

"James!" Emily whined, holding her head in her hands. "I promise I'll talk to him when the sun is up!" The guys ignored her, carrying her out of her apartment and down to theirs. 

Inside, James finally set her down. Emily elbowed herself away from him, yawning. There was a giant cushion fortress in the center of the room where the couch should be. 

"Carlos?" Emily called. No response. She groaned, sulking over to the fort, taking off the roof to see Carlos, in his helmet, holding a large knife. "Carlos!" 

"Stand back, demon!" Carlos yelled, closing his eyes. 

"Carlos, you're going to kill somebody, and then you're really going to have nightmares."