1.08; break

"You're serious?"

Gustavo had just told Emily and the rest of the technicians at the studio to take the day off.

Emily stood, stunned in his office, watching her boss prepare for tennis. He wore all white and held a small racquet.

"Yes, I'm serious. I'm starting to hate all of you."

A smile of relief grew on her face, knowing this meant she could lock herself in her apartment all day watching nature documentaries on a loop.

Not only does nature de-stress Emily, but she always thought it was important to have basic education considering her current lifestyle.

"Well, thanks! I'm going to go home and watch this documentary about whales and then the one about-"

Gustavo turned hot on his heels, before going out of his office, "I don't care."

In the lobby, the four boys were in a small chaotic circle, colliding into one another, trying to go in separate directions and failing miserably.

"Dogs," he said, gaining their attention as Emily filed out of the office. He pointed his racquet at the boys, "I'm taking the rest of the day off. I'm starting to hate all of you."

All the boys, simultaneously, started talking over one another, agreeing with the producer.

"Really?" Emily asked, skeptical that the boys could go one day without each other. 

"Then split up!" Gustavo yelled, all six of them spiraling into a frantic motion to get away from each other.

Back in the quiet of her little home, Emily threw her keys on the counter, brewed decaffeinated coffee, and curled up in front of her TV, ready to enjoy her relaxing day off as her phone sat across the room, turned off.

***

So yeah it's sort, but sometimes there's really not a place for Emily in certain episodes that doesn't totally screw up the plot or her character. She has a hectic life and job and her days off are reserved for herself.

There will probably be a few chapters like this, but always double posted with a regular length chapter :)