↠ wisdom teeth

3J's door swung open. A tall brunette entered supporting a blonde who gazed around the room with glossed-over eyes and white gauze stuffed into her mouth. 

"Idont ave tiime," the girl slurred, her speech rolled together. "I ave to ghet my teefth out."

Inhaling a deep breath, James dropped their keys on the table, walking his girlfriend to her couch, "For the millionth time," he seethed as if this conversation had occurred twenty times in the past two minutes, "you just got your wisdom teeth out. You're home now and need to rest, okay?"

"But I-em not ti-herd," she said, letting her head fall back onto the couch while James crossed over to the kitchen counter, sorting through her medications. Humming absentmindedly, James read through the instructions again, sending pictures of the pill bottles to Logan, asking which ones she should take for pain, for infections... "There's blood everywhere."

His eyes perked up hearing his girlfriend's voice with clear diction again. "Hey, you're sounding normal– EMILY!" 

Emily sat on the couch with cotton balls and gauze in her lap, coated in the blood from her mouth. Her finger slowly entered her mouth, lightly touching her teeth, tongue, lips, and feeling around to identify the features tingling from numbness. 

"James, my tongue is gone."

The boy grabbed extra gauze from the doctor, "You aren't supposed to take that out. Don't you want the bleeding to stop?" 

"I want to leave. I can't be late for my surgery."

"You just had it!" 

Emily narrowed her eyes at James like he was joking around. "If I just had my surgery, don't you think I'd have stuff in my mouth and blood coming out of my gums?"

"What! You– but you just–," James stuttered, looking at the girl in disbelief. He threw the gauze at her, storming over to his phone. Emily stood, shakily to follow him. The boy's eyes widened seeing her standing and walking on her own still heavily under the influence from the anesthetics. "No, no, no. Sit down," he told her. 

The girl began to look around in a confusing panic with the feeling of blood on her lip. "James, there's blood."

James quickly put his phone up to his ear, holding it in place with his shoulder. He put Emily back on the couch and sat in front of her, stuffing gauze into her mouth, not caring if it was obstructing her speech or even covering the new holes in the back of her mouth. 

"Hey."

"I need help up here," James begged. 

"I thought you were "man-enough" to take care of your girlfriend by yourself," Kendall mocked. 

"Yes, but then I remembered my girlfriend is Emily Moore and I can barely take care of her when she isn't out of her mind."

Light laughter could be heard from the other end. "We're coming up."

"I can help," Emily said, yet again empty-mouthed with a ball of gauze on the table. 

"Then stop taking this out," James groaned, ripping the gauze into smaller pieces. 

"Stop putting it in." Ignoring her, James rolled the gauze. With one hand he gripped her chin, and the other he pushed the roll into the side of her mouth. "Shtop!" Emily snapped, smacking his hand away. 

"Babe, the doctor said to keep this in to stop the bleeding–" Emily took it out, pushing past James and going to storm back into her room. "Em..."