3.12; original

When Emily didn't accompany the guys to the studio for rehearsals, they assumed she went in early for work.

When Emily wasn't at the studio when they arrived, that's when they knew something was wrong.

She never missed rehearsals. And she was their best friend. She was his girlfriend. They lived a floor apart. How did they not know where she was? Much less why she was missing.

Gustavo and Kelly didn't mention anything. No one said a word. No, "Moore is sick today," or "she's working on a song," or any form of explanation. They didn't ask the guys where she was when they walked into the studio. They had to know where she was.

"Great, guys, take five," Kelly said through the mic, distracted. The guys took off their headphones, one by one exiting the booth to huddle up in the lobby.

"Okay, is anyone else freaked out?" Logan asked, joining the circle. The guys nodded intensely.

"Did something happen?" Kendall wondered, looking to his friends, hoping one of them had an answer.

"James, you were with her last night," Carlos pointed out. Attention shifted to the silent boy, nervously tapping his foot.

James shrugged, frantically shaking his head, "I don't know. She was quiet all day yesterday!"

"Well, did you have a fight?" Logan hesitantly questioned. James shook his head, mindlessly pondering over what was happening.

Carlos gasped suddenly, the others jumping at his dramatic outburst as he desperately clung to Logan. "What if..." he whispered in horror, "the aliens are here?"

Logan shoved Carlos off, a weight dropping from their chests. Carlos made it seem like something realistic actually happened. Kendall hummed, holding up a finger.

"We do know that Kelly and Gustavo know something," he pointed out, his friends nodding in agreement.

"What makes you think they're going to tell us? They've been just as silent all day," James sighed.

Kendall smirked, "Because Kelly can't keep a secret."

Just then, the woman popped out, "Guys, let's go," she said, waving for them to get back to work. The boys nodded at each other, turning to Kelly, firmly staying put in the lobby.

"Kelly, would you happen to know where Emily is?" Logan asked.

The woman's eyes went wide, gaping speechlessly. She turned her head back, looking for Gustavo to shut this down before she said something she shouldn't.

"Kelly, please, answer the question," Carlos politely stated.

"I can't say," she squeaked out.

"Why not?" They inquired, all leaning forward.

"Because," Gustavo boomed, walking out of the studio booth into the lobby, "it's not our place to say."

Logan winced, "Yeah, but each time something like this has come up, she keeps it a secret until she blows up and has a major breakdown..."

"Let's skip all that," Kendall urged, nodding for Gustavo to tell them.

"Did Hawk get released?" Carlos wondered.

Gustavo shook his head, "No, it's not Hawk."

"Then what?" James snapped, becoming frustrated no one would tell him what was wrong with his girlfriend.

Kelly and Gustavo exchanged a nervous glance, sighing. Gustavo turned back to the boys, struggling to speak. He took a deep breath, letting it out.