2.22; strike

"That you're a star, a superstar. That you're a-"

Carlos stopped singing as all the guys jumped, yelping in pain blue streaks sparking in the booth from the button Gustavo pressed.

"What was that?" James shouted.

Gustavo shrugged, obviously, "You were off key."

"No," Kendall gasped, "the shocking floor thing!"

"Oh!" The man realized. "That's my new studio shock system." He explained, holding up a large metal rectangle with nobs and a bright red button, "It's going to help me train you dogs through negative reinforcement. That way, BTR's second album will be even greater than the first."

The boys began snapping at the producer, angrily. He pressed the button again, sending electric shocks through the boys. "Bad talk, bad!" He snapped. "Now, Griffin wants a new song tomorrow and my silver friend is gonna help us get there."

"Kelly!" The guys all cried, pleading for the woman to do something.

Kelly sighed, helplessly, "Guys, normally I would totally object to this abuse," she told them, side-eyeing Gustavo, "but we really need that song fast."

"Emily!" The guys called. 

Gustavo and Kelly turned around, leaning back so the guys could see the girl. She was hunched over the sound board, sipping on a tall cup of coffee, innocently looking up at her name being mentioned. 

"You gave into a bribe?" Logan incredulously asked the girl. She remained silent, putting the cup back up to her mouth, shrinking back. 

"Gustavo, we know the second album is important," Kendall told him. 

Carlos nodded, "Yeah, and we know that we have to work our butts off."

"Yeah, so try trusting us-" James said.

"Instead of shocking us," Logan finished. 

"Hmm," Gustavo thought. "Let me think about it." He said as he shocked the boys yet again. 

As soon as Emily saw the device the morning she got there, she pressed the red button. After Gustavo explained what it was, Emily went off on the man and swore she'd tell the boys as soon as they got in and she would chuck the remote out the window. 

Gustavo showed her a cup of coffee waiting for her, promising it was caffeinated and that shut her up real quickly. 

Gustavo had shocked the boys while dancing, while in the bathroom, and while they were relaxing in the break room on the couch. 

Emily was on her second cup when she heard the boys storming out of the studio in pain, shouting about a strike. 

Stirring in her creamer, she walked out as Gustavo and Kelly went back into the office, seemingly unaffected by whatever the boys were up to. 

She walked in, "Is there a strike going on?" She asked, sipping her drink. 

Kelly rolled her eyes, "The boys have gone on strike because someone keeps shocking them."

The two girls looked to Gustavo who shrugged in his chair behind the desk, "They'll be back!" He shouted. 

Emily inhaled, dubiously, "I don't know. Maybe you should just get rid of it and record the song instead of wasting all this time."

Gustavo gave her a harsh stare, "Give me the coffee."

She shrunk back, hugging the mug, running out of the office, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"