2.04; live

In celebration of finishing a new ultra-special and successful song, Boyfriend, Gustavo bought nine tickets for the boys and Emily to go to the carnival in town. 

Logan and Camille went together, declaring their on-again, off-again relationship. 

Kendall obviously invited Jo.

Carlos brought his new girlfriend, but then dumped her when she came clean and revealed she hates corndogs. 

James, the only one not in a relationship, made a dramatic statement by bringing a small palm tree plant from the pool. 

After Emily intruded on James' carnival game and won a giant bear, James asked if she would be okay with the plant sticking around. Emily told him the plant can stay, but tomorrow he should break it off. 

Her, James, and his emotional support tree spent their time on the rides together. 

Now, they were awake, too early, for a performance on the KULA morning show. 

Gustavo and Kelly were to meet the boys and Emily at the studio. Mrs. Knight was so exhausted, she walked sleeping on Kendall's shoulder. 

"Can you believe this?" James gushed, taking it all in. "We're preforming on live TV."

"Can you believe it's 5 a.m.," Logan groaned, yawning. Emily, leaning on his shoulder, nodded as she took a small sip of her coffee. 

She convinced the boys she was allowed a cup since they would be awake so early. Logan did some math and estimated half a normal cup would wake her up to a normal energy level so early. 

Kendall yawned, "Why do early morning shows have to shoot so early in the morning?" He went to push his mom off his shoulder. 

Katie, enhanced by a video game, "Don't wake her!" Kendall froze, "She hasn't had her 8 hours of sleep yet."

A women with dark auburn hair approached, "Big Time Rush! Huge Fan," she greeted. "I'm Jane Kennedy, the producer, and welcome to A.M. L.A., L.A.'s number one morning show," she said, cheekily. "Come on." 

She led the group backstage, Carlos and James much ahead of the group and Kendall far behind with his sleeping mother. 

"My body is moving, but I think my brain is dead," Emily mumbled to Logan, absentmindedly. 

"That's how caffeine begins to affect normal people," he told her, encouraging her to drink more of the hot liquid. 

"That is L.A.'s number one morning host, Miles Bainbridge," she introduced, gesturing to the silver haired man ahead, reading over the segments. "Warming up L.A.'s number one teleprompter."

Emily stiffed a laugh, "Did the governor give you the ribbon himself?" She joked about the teleprompter. 

The producer cleared her throat, turning back to give Emily a blank stare. Emily's smile faded.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again," she mumbled, head low as she wandered over to walk with Kendall who was considerably farther away. "She doesn't like me."

"I thought it was funny," Kendall told her, balancing Mrs. Knight. 

Backstage, Jane led them into a large room with couches, "And this is the green room," the boys automatically darted towards the food and drink set up while Emily tried to not overstep again, "where you can relax, eat, and meet our other guests like actor-environmentalist, Ed Begley Jr."

Emily turned from tearing a bagel in half with Logan to see an older man on the couch with Katie and Mrs. Knight.

"Hey, guys," he smiled, standing as he showed off a saw, "I'm here to promote my new line of environmentally friendly-"