19 | Scabbles

"Now I give you 3 seconds. Flee or I will be the one to make you." Karo threatened as the mice thought the better of it. They ran away. One of them gave me a glare before hissing, "beware."

I stared at Karo in disbelief. What is she doing in here? "Moth?"

"Mmm yeah?" I spun around and met Karo's soft blue gaze. Her eyes were always the most beautiful thing on earth. I smiled, "er.... Yes?"

"What are you doing in here, and who are they?" Karo said, staring at me with a confused look.

"Oh erm er... This is Lut," I pointed at Lut, who had a tie over his neck, a bright orange wig, and brown pelt. He smiled at Karo as she nodded knowingly. "And this is Em." I said, pointing at her, who was wearing a bright rainbow dyed hair, with a carrot at her mouth. A newly ironed tie was on her neck. "Emilycvcv." That was what she said as she gave a soft smile to Karo.

"Karoliana." Karo said at last. "Or Karo in short."

"Carrot." Lut said jokingly as we all burst into laughter.

"And who's this?" I said, nodding to the mouse who had been saved by Karo a moment ago.

"U-uh... I'm Scabbles." Scabbles said shyly. Her voice was soft, probably the softest I've heard.

"Speak up." Lut said softly, before smiling. "Er... Well, what should we call you?" He said with his half-hilarious half-serious tone. I had to resist the crave to laugh.

"Scab." She replied softly.

"Thank you for saving my butt earlier." I said, laughing at my new nickname. "Motherfletcher. Huh. I like it." I heard laughter coming out from Karo and Lut. "What? Don't laugh at my name, please." I said, staring at them.

"Pfft. Okay." Karo said, her grin had grew bigger. "Yes ma'am." That made me laugh so hard.

"Since when did I become your ma'am?"

"A heartbeat ago." She said, grinning at me.

I shook my head and chuckled. "Alright, shall we..." Scab's voice trailed off. "I mean, do you want to go somewhere?"

"Uhh... Sure!" Em said, getting on her paws. I quickly gulped down my drink before moving on with the group.

"I'm so sorry for what happened earlier." I apologized whole-heartedly, seeking for their forgiveness.

"Oh, it's okay." Em said to me, and gave me a smile. I nodded before padding backwards, joining Karo and Scab.

Lut and Em were leading the group, they were padding close to each other, their tails were touching each others'. "I wonder if there are some special relationships between them." Karo said, smiling mischievously.

"Probably friends?" Scab said, staring at me with astonishment as I remarked.

"Probably more than friends." I said, rubbing my paws together and gave them an evil grin.

"Dating?" Scab mouthed the word, as I stared at Lut, who was reaching for Em's paws.

"Exactly." I whispered, "see how Lut wanted to hold Em's paws?"

"Stable relationship." Scab whispered ad Karo and I gave the same comment at the exact time. "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." And there, I saw Lut instinctively withdrew his hand. I laughed, but quickly covered it with a cough.

"What?" Lut said, and both of them turned around. Karo gave him a sheepish look. "Someone is in love."

"Can't help fallin' in love with you..." I sang and Scab laughed.