44 | Fallen

I took a step away from the whiteboard, shocked with my own findings. "Moth.." A soft voice spoke up and I spun around, pointing the barrier of the gun towards the mouse in a rapid motion. "What are we going to do?" He squeaked out, startled as I lowered my shotgun, realizing that it was Lut. Oops.

"You scared me." I spoke in my usual low voice as he took a step behind me.

"Wh-who's that?" He squeaked out, as he stared at the pile of pixels, then looked at me fearfully. "Di-did you just kill him-" He blurted out and I covered his jaw by my paw before he could finish his sentence. He pulled my paw down and I pressed the barrier of the gun into his head and refused to put my paw down from his jaw.

"One more word, and you're dead." I warned him, squinting at him as his pupils dilated against the dim lights and his paws against mine turned sweaty. His breathing against my paw grew quicker. "Now listen to me. No one must see this, no one must know this, and we are going to burry him in the graveyard right now, you understand? If you resist, I'll blow your head off with a pull of the trigger." I flicked the trigger and it made a small clicking sound as Lut whimpered against my paw, like a scared prey looking straight into its predator's fangs.

He said something against my paw and I removed my paw from his jaw instinctively. "Yes, commander." That was what he squeaked out. Poor thing. I should stop frightening him.

"Come." I allowed my eyes to turn red, as Lut shivered against the crimson red. He followed my commands, brought a jug with him with the pixels of the mouse in it. I slung my shotgun on my back and picked up a shovel on the way to the graveyard. I dug a hole and placed the jug inside, before covering it carefully. To our beloved mate, who sacrificed in the fight against the King. I wrote in cursives as Lut eyed me suspiciously. "I thought you killed him?"

"Why do you think so?" I crossed my arms over my chest, looking at him, being dead serious. He shivered under my gaze uncomfortably.

"Oh um..." Lut's voice trailed off when my red eyes glowed in the night. "I mean.. Nothing." He stammered.

"Great, let's get moving. We've got a lot to do." I stuffed the shovel back to the soil before moving back into the tribe house. I swung opened the door and entered the main room and found a bunch of eyes staring straight at us, their pupils wandered from me to Lut, then back to me again.

"Kin-King Wayme?" A voice spoke, the voice was barely above a whisper. I looked at them, bewilderment dancing in my eyes as one of them padded forward and dipped his head towards the direction where my eyes were glowing in the dark room.

"They must've mistaken you as the King." Lut prodded my side and whispered into my ears. I took out my shotgun in response and place it over the table as a few eyes widened, perhaps realising that it wasn't King Wayme.

"What have you done with the king!" One mouse blurted out then quickly covered her mouth with her paws as my red eyes stared towards her direction. I said nothing before picking up my gun and rushed upstairs, filled with my backpack with a few necessities before draping a scarf around my neck, put on a large overcoat and went downstairs as the eyes followed me.

"Where are you going Moth! It's freezing cold outside!" Lut yelled, trying to stop me as I reached to the door and put on my boots.

"I know." I whirled around with my backpack and watched the pile of mouse with my blue eyes shining bright against the crystal blue night. "Thank you Lut for everything. And stay safe for me, okay?"

"What are you doing?" He questioned as I cocked my head sideways, bewildered. His gaze fell to my backpack. "Oh, I'm just going to visit a few friends." When they didn't look convinced, I added, "no matter what happened to us, remember that together as one, failure through family-"