47 | Vengeance

"Wayme!" We yelled in unison as the former leader's paw shot up from its resting position. More mice filed into the small, crowded room, with me and Keb with them. He held out his paw as we all halted in our position, barely moving or breathing. "Moth." He spoke quietly, a few mice shooting me curious glances as I padded towards him cautiously, my shotgun held securely on my back. I forced my eyes back into its original colour as I closed in and stood by the bed.

"How's everything." He asked coldly, not looking at anyone in particular.

"Iancyk and Stariva are now nowhere to be found, sir." I assured him. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Keb ran into the room, his chest heaving from the series of physical activities. I looked at him and saw him inhaled sharply against the particular smell of the medical areas as he let out a huff of breath.

Wayme looked at him and Keb held his breath as they stared into each other eyes, as if Wayme was trying to remember who it was. "Come forward then," he said at last and Keb let out a breath of relief. Keb, like me nodded once and walked towards the bed, choosing a chair and sat down next to him. "What do you have to tell me, Keb?"

"Uh sir," he swallowed hard and began slowly. "You wouldn't like it but..."

"Just get on with it." Wayme snapped, looking at him with a hint of annoyance in his eyes, but he soon then covered it up with a cough. "Sorry."

"Iancyk is asking our tribe for a war, and the condition is the losing tribe have to exile all of their members and the tribe." Keb looked up from the piece of crumbled paper he carried, his eyes resembled fear as he shook gently against the silence that filled the room.

Wayme's eyes flew opened, and he sat up in a super speed that could've left the wind stunned. His eyes glowed red, as he scanned across the room, and found all eyes on him with horror and amusement, some even let out a gasp, but soon had it covered up.

He looked at them, his eyes unmoving as he sprang up and landed on all his fours before fixing his pelt in an aggressive manner. "I'm going to slaughter them." Wayme said at last as Keb stood up, his features showed nothing but fear. I stood between the gentlemen, my eyes widened at Wayme's rage that surged through his veins. His eyes glowed red against the dim lights, "get back to work." Wayme said at last.

"But Wayme," a voice spoke up from the crowd as we all whirled around to look at the mouse. "We surely can't leave the tribe leader-less, can we?" That was Lut speaking.

Wayme cocked his head and thought for a while then he spoke, "then you'll be in charge until we're back." Lut nodded and scurried off with the other mice slapping his back teasingly. "Karo." Wayme continued, as the blonde former commander padded towards the leader, her brown eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"Yes, Wayme?" She asked, her arms folded across hee chest.

"Get your gears, ladies and gentlemen. We are going to leave something behind of our bums." Wayme clasped his hand together like what Iancyk did, as he spoke with such enthusiasm which left me dumfounded in my position, shotgun in hand as I followed his lead out of the hospital room.

***

"Where are we going?" I asked, my eyes couldn't help but wander to Karo, who was walking down the corridor confidently as her stylish chest-length hair swayed against the motion.

"You'll see." Wayme said as he turned into the alley and the door to the garage opened with a creak. In front of us was two nicely polished jets, ready to be flown. "Welcome abroad, commanders." That was what he said before Keb and him hopped into the jet, me and karo following in the other jet.