37 | Forced to forsake

A/N:
Duhhh, I'm extremely lazy to update lately. So... Sorry for the late update! Enjoy ^^
-M
________________________________________
I pounced.

No mercy? Yes. No mercy needed.

Love can turn into hate, they say. Don't ever let that happen, they say.

At first I believed in those lies, but since our love fell apart, I just knew that we weren't even meant to fall in love. I knew that us falling in love was merely a coincidence, a convenient excuse for X to find someone to hold on to, and for me to temporarily get away from the busy war commander life. Soon I've realised that the truth behind our puppy love that had only lasted for a few months was that our love wasn't even built on mutual attraction. It was just built on his own craving for a girl to hold on to when he couldn't sleep at night. I can tell you that he could've had a better choice, but lucky me, he found me as the substitute of his ex-lover and I guess that was okay for me if he could found happiness in my own presence. If my presence reminded him of his ex-lover and it made him happy, I guess that's okay for me too. Although I felt like I've been tricked into a circle of love with no return, maybe that was my life, being tricked into circles of love that could never be completed.

In those months, I've had the best time ever and I didn't regret being his girlfriend and making this foolish decision. Even if it was only for a few months. It was worth the pain.

I pounced at him, as my paw grew stiff as it made contact with his chest, knocking him down. His back hit the ground with a thud as he stared at me with pure amusement. "You've grown a lot, my Mothy boo." He commented at my actions, a smug smile forming in his features.

"X." I said, there was a hint of bitterness in the edge of my voice as I eyed him suspiciously. Feeling my anger and agony boiling up, I held my fist tightly to prevent myself from pouncing at him again. "Not yours anymore." I stated flatly before turning around, my back facing him.

"You once was. Never forget that!" He yelled, reaching out to me as I caught his paw and flipped it over.

"Liar." Was what I could say at that very moment. I turned around and closed my eyes for a brief moment, my tears flowing freely. I still love him.

"We both know what you've been going through, Mothy. So let me explain." He attempted to move forward.

"How did you even find me." I interrupted, trying to make my voice less obvious to him that I was crying.

"I am just guessing that you would be here. I'll never leave you alone, you know. I still love you."

"But you left me for the girl back there in the cafe." I said, tears pouring all over my cheeks as I stared at him.

"I know. That was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life." I turned around and he pulled me into a hug. "I know you're mad at me for that. I will never forgive myself if you have decided to leave me alone for the rest of my life, you know." I shook my head in defeat. "No more crying, Mothy."

"I can't take it anymore! X." I yelled, taking a step away from him. "Every time I see you, my heart is ripped into thousand pieces! How can you ever leave me in agony?" He reached out and wiped my tears away before pulling me into a hug again.

"I promise, this will never happen again." He stared into my eyes. Those, were the gaze of regret, were the gaze of craving. The crave of good old times.