3 | Wayme

"Fortune and Fame is what make us lose our own self." I muttered as I ran among a stream of pelts.

"Can you move faster?" Someone behind me yelled and I jumped. That's so nice. I thought as I spun around and stared at him, eyes narrowed. He stared at me, eyes flaring with fury. And the both of us were staring at each other while searching for the cheese. His eyes were amber, like a tiger's eye glowing in the dark as it searched for its prey. My gaze shifted uncomfortably as he stared at me harder, before hissing. "Go faster next time, or else I wil-"

I broke away, not wanting to hear any of the threatening messages. I don't even give myself a time for excuses as I moved into the mouse hole, and tossed my cheese into my cheese-collection bag. My gadget beeped as I took it out, a blue light flashed and an image was projected in front of me, Mothwhisker had just unlocked the title <<The Cheese Initiated>>. I smiled as I put my gadget back into where I had put them and waited for another round to come.

A mouse came into the mousehole and he started calling from the back. "Excuse me, I'm sorry. Excuse me." There was a slot next to me. I sighed softly as he placed his cheese collection bag next to me. I rolled my eyes, not another 'pro' who is chasing fortune as fame.

As the new round had started, I stared at him rapidly snatching a piece of cheese from the pile and quickly tossed it over his backs, then rushed to the mouse hole, leaving the other mice standing there in confusion.

He is a professional cheese collector. I wonder how long has he been doing this. I thought as I ran among another stream of pelts, hoping to find an easier way to get the cheese and to transfer it back to the hole safely. I snatched a fresh piece of cheddar and quickly tossed it over my back and started running back to where I had started. While I was still spotting for that professional cheese collector's snow leopard-patterned pelt as I entered the hole, and realized that most of the mice were still out there on the way back to where they had started. I smiled softly at him as I placed my cheese in my portable cheese collection bag. "You're such a professional cheese collector." I complimented at last, unable to familiarize myself with the awkwardness of the silence since I've entered the mouse hole and placed my achievement in my bag, which was right next to his.

"Well, uh.. Thanks." He said, his blue eyes were clouded with confusion as he spoke to me. "You are..." His voice trailed off.

"Mothwhisker." I said, smiling at my new name. I liked it.

Nodding, he handed out his paw as I instinctively grabbed it and shook his paw. "Wayme." He said, his paw was quite warm indeed.

"Is it pronounced Way-me or Wayme? Sorry, I'm having major pronunciation problem with it." I said apologetically. "I just can't get the names' pronunciations sometimes." I added.

"Oh. It's like, Wayme. Not Way-me. Just treat it as Wayne. But use the m sound instead of the n sound."

"Complicated." I said, and there was an awkward silence throughout the whole conversation afterwards.

"So uh... Wayme, what can I call you instead of the whole name?" I said, figuring out a way to call his name without making things super complicated.

"Why do you need to know?" Wayme spat before running away from me.

"Wow. That was real nice." I said, and ran after a group of mice. I watched in amusement as Wayme snatched another piece of Cheddar off from the pile and fled away, wishing that no one would be able to outcome his ultimate speed, adapted from his time spent on cheese-collecting. A mouse soon ran past him as he stumbled on a trunk, I heard him cursed under his breath. I snickered a little, before catching his glare. "What?" I said, shaking.

"Nothing." He said before speeding up and entered the mouse hole after the first mouse.

Soon I caught up with him. "Why so angry?" I said, staring at him in pure amusement as he dumped the cheese straight into the bag. I got my freshly harvested cheddar and tore a small triangle and munched on it, enjoying the scent as it crept its way into my jaws, then to my nasal. I swallowed it at last, enjoying the scent that encircled through my jaws as I did so. "Fresh, cheddar." I said, memorizing the scent.

"Not when you worked so hard for it, but you didn't get what have you been wishing for for quite a long time." Wayme interrupted my thoughts as I finally gave in. "So what is bothering you right now?"

"My first."

"What?"

"My First."

"Excuse me Sir, I do not comprehend your message." I spoke like an answering machine.

"I said: MY FIRST."

"What's the problem with your first?"

"I lost it."

"So what's the problem with it?!" I said, I had to resist my crave to punch him right in the face. Chasing fortune and fame.

"You won't understand." He said walking away, leaving me and my mind, which had been repeating the same question over and over again.

Wayme, someone who is chasing fortune and fame, like X said. I made a mental note to myself as I sat next to my bag of collected cheese. Plucking in my earphones, I enjoyed the beat of the music as I munched delicately on my freshly picked cheese. I smiled as I stared at my cheddar. Now I know how to collect cheese and sham properly. What else will get in my way?

_____________________________
A/N:

HEY GUYS! Moth here. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! I'm so sorry for the slow progress of this story (I'm such a failure) as I am a little bit too busy lately... And whatever! I can deal with it c:

Well, Chapter 20 will be out later... BUT!! THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL RELEASE ON THE 11TH OF MARCH REGARDING TO MY FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY. HOPEFULLY I CAN GET CHAPTER 20 WITHIN A FEW DAYS! BUT ANYWAYS! STAY AWESOME AND I LOVE YOU GUYS~

Ps. MWhisker is quite busy lately, but she will update more often when she has the time. But she said that she is so grateful for your support. There is no way she can keep on writing without you guys~

I SHALL RETURN~~ (jkjk)

-Moth.