50 | Coronation

"Café au lait," the waitress, who wore a bright white blouse and a black skirt, whose hair was tied into a messy black bun approached me with my drink and a bright smile. "Enjoy," she added as she placed my drink on the wooden table next to the window and walked away.

I smiled faintly at her fading presence and took a sip of my drink as I watched the mice scurried along the avenue with a huge grin plastered on their faces. A few walked past with smoothies in their paws, taking a few sips occasionally and laughing at each others' jokes while eyeing me suspiciously.

The summer air was seeping through the door every time a door opened with a creek and closed with a slam, then someone would entered the café with anticipation on their faces and called for a table. The bartender would roll their eyes and kept wiping the empty wineglasses in the bar in the right and he would hang them on a rack whenever one dried.

The café was only filled with the soft music playing from the speakers, while the customers enjoyed their drink in total silence. I looked around, my eyes set on the bartender as he gave me a friendly smile before rubbing the wineglasses and placing them upside down on the rack. I smiled back and watched the waitress scurried from tables to tables, with their orders and drinks. There were pictures and portraits about the virtual world when not many people were found. The painters accurately illustrated the times where the world was just a bunch of pixels gathered together, blown away by wind and gathered together in a miniature hill made from blue, yellow, red pixels.

"It's true." The waitress whose hair was white spoke up and my attention snapped towards her. She placed her cloth on the crook of her arm and walked over to my table, and changed the menu. "The world was just a pile of pixels blown by the wind and form mountains. Everything was just pixels, pixels and pixels, until the first bunch of mice came along and they shaped everything, shops, the countrysides, the ponds, the beaches, the sea, and the cities. They shaped them, and invited more mice into this world, to bring up the economy and raise populations. Some of them violated the laws, and they have to teach new mice to behave themselves in this world, since there are basically no jail for the world. We all belong to a tribe, right." 

I nodded, "yea."

"So whenever someone made a mistake, they will be exiled from their tribe, or otherwise the whole tribe will be banished from the world forever."

X. I thought to myself as I stared at her with expectation, and she continued after a momentary rest. "Of all the overwhelming amount of mice in this world, some of us are born and raised in here by those who had decided to stay in this world forever. The others are summoned into this world for a reason."

I took a sip of my drink and my eyes widened with amusement as I placed it on the plate and stared at her, "summoned into this world for a reason?" 

She nodded, knowing that I was summoned, not raised. "You are summoned into this world by different reasons, but most of them are followed by transformation, then you entered this world as a mouse. The government, or the administrator of the world hope that by summoning you and your friends to this world, you can make the best of it by collecting cheese and helping the tribe duties. I can see that the administrator summon you here for a reason." She gave me a light smile.

"For what?" I asked, trying to make her stay. 

"You'll know, dear." She gave me another smile and collected my plates and my drink as I fixed my cap hat and pushed my glassed into its place. "Have a good day dear!" She said before turning into the kitchen and I walked out of the café, eyes blazing from anticipation.