42 | Ignition

"You're kidding me right, that didn't even make sense!"

I gathered around with my friends and my bandmates on the floor, chatting around the fireplace and singing for a few hours. Keb and Holy had their instruments readied for the performance after our dinner gathering, for the preparation of the new year dinner. I looked around me and smiled at the crowd of mice in our tribe, sitting around their own groups, laughing at something inaudible, probably an inside-joke.

"I am not kidding, Moth!" Lut yelled as he continued to share his story with his cat. I pulled the pillow closer to me and leaned onto Karo's shoulder, who had came all the way back to attend this meeting with Star in a full white costume.

"I'm hungry." Star poked my sides and whispered into my ears.

"You can eat some snacks while we're waiting for the food." I whispered, trying not to interrupt the sharing session of Holy.

"What are we eating tonight?" Star whispered back, enthusiasm in her voice.

"Pizza and lots of food." I answered confidently. I've been down there checking if the food was ready for Wayme, who had disappeared with Luvu and Aek since the arrival of some of the other tribe leader, whom he referred as good friends. Star smiled at the word pizza being mentioned and raised another question, "is there a cake?" She asked as I shrugged.

"I can get Wayme to order one for you if you want to," I suggested, as Karo looked at our direction and poked my sides playfully.

"Stop poking my sides!" I exclaimed in a hush tone, as Holy glanced in our direction but kept talking.

"Sorry, but it was really fun to poke at." Karo smirked and proceeded to poke my sides rhythmically.

"This is not a good way, Karo." I scolded her playfully as she struck her tongue out.

"Order another pizza for me, Moffeh?" She said in her high-pitched voice and we laughed at an another inside joke while gossiping about someone, earning a sideways glare in our direction.

"Sure, if you can eat another piece of cake after this dinner." I smirked, "it'll be a lot of food for you guys to eat, so don't worry about not being full. DCF's gonna stuff you with food."

"That's great, actually." Star commented, stuffing herself from another bag of chips that I gave her. "Your chips tastes nice."

"Don't tell Wayme." I warned her as Keb gave me a knowing smirk and continued to laugh at jokes. I had slipped another bag of chips without Wayme's permission, due to Star's groaning about being hungry. "I'm so going to be throw out of the tribe again for disobeying him." I drew my paw over my throat and slid my tongue out while cocking my head sideways. "Dead."

Karo laughed at that and bit her lip, realizing it wasn't the appropriate time to laugh as some of the mice from the other circles whistled at her. "I told you you're gorgeous." Star said with a mouthful of cheese-flavoured chips.

"You're cuter." She commented and reached forward to pinch her cheek. Since I was trapped in between them, I had to lean back for a bit to let her arms reached Star. She smirked and wiggled her pinched cheek around, as Star kept on munching away and looking at us with bewilderment dancing in her eyes until I took out my gadget and took a shot of her, she lunged forward and snatched my phone away from my paws. "Woah woah woah chill." I said, pouncing in her direction and grabbed my phone from her paws. We sat there in silence, while Star's intense munching was heard throughout the conversation.

Shoko came up the stairs from the basement and informed us that dinner would be readied. We muttered our thanks and sat down in our assigned seats, waiting for the meal to begin. I sat down in front of the sign which had commanders printed on it, and watched my fellow commander sat down next to me and carefully placed his shotgun in his drawer, making sure that it wouldn't go off in any second. I looked to my left, and watched Star and Karo, the invited guests of the meal, sat down and watched in anticipation as Luvu descended from the stairs with her long midnight-blue gown.

She waved her paw, greeting us wth her warmest hello, and sat down in the seat next to the hot pink throne. She fixed her blonde curly hair and smiled at us sweetly. Wayme ran down the stairs in a rapid motion, "where's beauty?" He asked, then froze when he saw all of us sitting there.

"I don't know," Luvu began and walked over to Wayme and held his arm and led him to his throne and made him sit down as Aek slid down the handle of the spiral stairs.

"Are you finding me, uncle way?" Aek smiled and poked his head from under the table. Wayme nodded.

He fixed his hair and then filled his glass with water, symbolizing the start of the dinner. He then stood up and raised his glass and spoke, loud enough for every mouse in the tribe to hear. The chef came up from the basement with our food and sat at the far end of the dining table after our table had been set. "This has been a tough year, folks." Wayme began, speaking proudly to his mice. "But we've managed to overcome everything and had gotten ourselves in alliance with a few fellow deathmatch tribes." I nudged Karo as she struck her tongue out and I shot her a glare. Wayme nodded his head towards me and I stood up, brining my glass with me.

"Today we've invited our friends to join our dinner, please welcome Stariva and Karoliana from Beyong Horizons." I welcomed them, smiling as the rest welcomed them.

"Tonight, is our first gathering in this year, and let us fill this gathering with laughter and memories!" Keb shouted, raising his glass as the rest stood up and raised their glasses and drank all the way to the bottom.

---
We were gathered around the stage outside tribe house, as we watched our talented tribemates perform. DCF. Our band was called as we stood with each other in a circle and held our paws together. "May the power of deathmatch be with us." We said in unison and ran all the way up there to the stage. Our instruments had been set up as we stood in our positions.

Our peers ignited their sparks and held it in the sky, lighting up the space below the stage. "Let's get this started!" I yelled, as I struck the first key. I stood in front of the stage, behind my keyboard and the mic stand.

"So this is what we've been practicing for a long time, and I hope that you guys will like it." Wayme said in a calm voice as I sang the first note confidently.
_____________________________________
A/N:
Happy new year guys! This is officially the first chapter in 2016 and I hope that you'll like it! I'll be having my exams soon so I won't be updating until I've finished my exams~

So enjoy your holidays! And I hope that your year was great!

-M.