34 | Turning the odds

"Wait wait wait, where are you leading me?" He asked as we rushed past the outskirts as I ushered him to go faster. The last thing I ever wanted to do was to be late in those deathmatch training sessions.

"If you're a deathmatcher," I said, starting the engine of the boat and sailed it off the pier and towards the tribe territory of our fellow ally with a map by my side. "You'll love it." I whispered my reply as someone swung themselves onto the boat. "Who's that?" I asked, hoping that it was X. My gadget chimed as a new text message was displayed on the screen. 

X: Darling how are you doing today? Teaching them shamming and thought about you in the process. Meet me in the cafe one day? I'll be teaching in the Cafe about politeness and stuff, so I guess, see you around? Oops, gotta go. I love you.

I smiled at the text before keeping my eyes on the path, he moved towards the driver seat and swung himself behind me and sat down as I handed him the map and he started sailing it. "Keb, you know that's not nice to intrude."

"Oh, am I intruding?" He question, raising his eyebrow. "How interesting." He added sarcastically, "you're bringing someone who's not a deathmatcher into a deathmatch tribe territory."

"I believe that deathmatchers are not supposed to doubt each other." Mere went to the passenger seat and sat down, leaving me standing behind Keb. I moved between the seats and placed my arm over the back of the seats and and stared at the sea when the silence fell upon us. "You know that people nowadays tend to chase after fortune and fame right." Mere broke the silence again, as Keb squinted at the map and parked the boat in the pier. And there I had found Wayme's hot pink one. Classy

"We're here." He murmured as he exited the boat and threw an arm over Wayme's shoulder, greeting him in a brotherly way. I nodded at Mere as he followed me, keeping an out for my tribemates ahead of us. We walked along the path and found the mansion and it was beyond perfect. We paced around the large garden and entered the mansion when we were granted access. We immediately head over to the living room with Wayme as our lead. Everything seemed perfect in the tribe house, then Fire was there, sitting on a large black chair with his back turned to us. 

"So, DCF is here." He announced as he turned around and stared at us expectantly. "We've met again, Moth." He said coldly as Wayme turned and squinted at me. I do know him, come on. "And I expect your skills to be improved, Moth." He said, leading us to the deathmatch arena in the middle of the outskirt. Wayme pointed towards a cave and told us to hide in there first. Survival war. I thought to myself as I disguised myself carefully, with my shotgun in my paws. Keb moved towards the entrance of the cave as I felt a light poke on my arm. 

"Can I at least have something to defend for myself? I don't want to seem useless in someways." Mere muttered as I smiled at him and Keb threw me a small dagger. Mere frowned for a second but then caught it in his paw anyway and gave it a good stroke. The dagger had transformed into a spear as Keb smirked at his astonishment. "Thanks, bro." He muttered his gratitude as Wayme came in from the entrance and explained everything in this small cave.

"Mere, you can try to defend for yourself, make sure that you're staying in the shadows and stay away from the path. Stay away from our opponent, find a shelter." Wayme instructed as we nodded in agreement and our eyes shone bright in the dim lights. And so the fight had began. I sped out from the cave, ignoring their cries as I grabbed my shotgun tightly and stopping behind a large rock, peering over my shoulder where my team was running away from their hiding place. Keb stopped next to me, where we exchanged shotguns and ran out into the field, dodging and marking territories every time we pass a checkpoint, we'd dominate it in no time. 

Your left, Moth. I dodged to the right as the cannon missed me within an inch. Right. I dodged to the left and it missed me again. Behind you. Keb's voice rang again as I grabbed the trunk of a tree and made a sharp turn, shooting towards my back and I heard someone by the name of Itsnevertoo being shot. Good job Moth, coming on your right. He sped past me as I threw him his shotgun and caught mine back as I sped after him, fixing my gaze on Mere, who was defending himself with the spear. He smiled and winked at me as I spun my opponent and threw it to Keb as I sniped her down. Wayme came slamming Keb down on the ground as the spear went straight through us and pierced Fire behind. I stood there, amazed as Mere winked at me, "who says that merely mouse can't throw a spear?" He yelled and threw his arms around triumphantly as Fire got up and shook our paws, giving me a small smile when he shook mine. "You did well." He complimented as I ducked my head in pure embarrassment. "Your war commanders are well-trained, well done Wayme. They will be great commanders if they keep on training." 

"Keb and Moth will be." He stated flatly as I smiled at Keb, who stuck his tongue out and grabbed my shotgun and started bowing his own shotgun like a violin. Mere let out a snicker before slapping him in the back as the dagger was returned to him. We left the territory of Silent Elite as we went the way home in silence. They dropped me off in the town as I travelled to the cafe and stood in front of the window, making sure that he was inside before going in. I stood in front of the window as I spotted him sitting in front of a table, drinking coffee. I wanted to enter the cafe but then I realised that someone was next to him. 

The person next to him was a girl, her hair was gradually dyed, beautifully combed in a way where the tip of her hair was curled. They were chatting happily as X cracked a joke and she laughed so hard, her paws slapping his arm playfully as she leaned on him. My eyes turned blue at the sight, holding my anger in a way which I had surprised myself by my own tolerance. I stared at them, anger boiling inside me. X smiled and kissed her cheek, his eyes never leaving her face. I narrowed my eyes and sat on the bench, grabbing my book and pretended to be reading as I spied on them. He cracked more jokes as he messed with her hair and she leaned into him and they shared a few more kisses before X turned around and noticed me outside on the bench. I held my book into place and managed to held the calm face of mine as his turned into pure horror. 

He rushed outside, the girl smirking at me as he rushed to my side. I grabbed my bag, tossing it over my back as I gripped my book tightly and moved away from them, holding my tears as he followed me. "I'm sorry Moth! I don't mean to!" He yelled as I wiped my tears from my eyes my back facing him. "I'm really sorry! She kissed me first!" 

"No more apologies." I replied, never stopping to face him. 

"Moth! Listen to me!" He yelled, gaining some more gazes at us as I walked away quickly, "go and find your girl!" 

"You're my girl!" 

"The girl over there is," I said, turning around, my eyes filled with tears as my eyes flashed bright blue. "Do you really think I would believe any word from you anymore?" Liar, cheater. 

"I still love you! Don't leave me! I am really sorry!" He was on his knees as I swallowed the lump and blinked back the tears that threatened to fall.

"No more lies, you never did. You just didn't want to be alone, I am just good for your ego and your self-esteem. You just want me to be there to fill that emptiness in your heart, to fill that slot. I am replaceable." I said, turning away from him. "And you'll be pretty fine without me." 

I walked back to the alone as I drove my way back to the tribe territory and entered the living room, where they all stopped talking and stared at me. "Got dumped, eh?" Someone said as I turned at them and scowled silently. Hold it Moth. Karo stood there, her eyes filled with concern, seeing my eyes turned all blue. 

"Mrnoobody, please keep your silence throughout this briefing." Wayme came into my rescue as he stared at me strictly, his red eyes were obvious with rage and a hint of worry. 

"Tell me, you're a good deathmatcher, why don't you just knock him out in public? Let the world know what had he done? Or maybe you can teach me and mentor me in some way?" Mrnoobody continued, he, obviously was testing my tolerance. 

"Mrnoobody, can you shut your trap up for a moment." Shug stated flatly as I sat on the couch, my eyes shone brighter and brighter with every sentence.

"Tell. Me." He said, standing in front of me now as my eyes went green, then red suddenly. 

"Leave. Me. Alone." I yelled, my eyes glowing bright red as I stared at him, taking my shotgun out and pointed at his chest. He smiled and walked towards the wall. 

"Why. Mothwhisker, why don't you do that." He said, putting my tolerance into a test. 

I inhaled and exhaled deeply, hoping that would calm myself down. I dropped my shotgun and ran upstairs, my eyes filled with tears and rage as I slammed the door shut. I slumped against the door as my red eyes faded back to my original colour as I broke into heart rending sobs.