31 | Love in coffee shop

Good morning beautiful, coffee at 10:30? I love you babe.

I shook my head fondly at the text, it had been a while since we've had the war, and so many things had happened, including me fighting with Amb and made her storm away from the tribe and left the whole tribe astonished. I guess I would say I'm guilty for the fall.

I grinned at the text, as I typed in will do, amore mio. Will do, my love and sprinted into the bathroom. I went out again after a few minutes, with a wet towel draped around my hair as I blew it dry with a hairdryer and combed my chest-lengthed hair as I ran towards the door, grabbing my gadget with me. I rushed to the ground floor of our tribe house, meeting Shug on my way out. I smiled at her and exited the mansion, tying my hair into a ponytail and winked at my tribemates, who were hanging out near the barbecue sets, laughing at their own jokes. They waved back at me and greeted me, and which I had responded to them politely. 

I raced past the deathmatch arena, putting my shotgun behind my belt then I raced into the woods, carefully guiding my way past the traps that Way had set for wanderers to be trapped in it. I looked backwards, aware that I had been watched. The hair on my spine rising as I looked around, never stopping to take a break. Don't run Moth. I made a mental note to myself as I sucked in the refreshing scent of the woods and journeyed on. I brushed past numerous twigs and trees, changing my trails again and again, hoping to fight off the feeling that I had been watched.

I looked back several times, making sure that no one was following me, but then I heard the unmistakeable sound of a twig snapping. 

I ran

I sped towards the lake, where mice would be there. I brushed my hair away from my eyes as I darted to the side, my eyes trying to adjust to the changes in the surroundings. X! My mind yelled, hoping to get his attention. I took another trail, sending leaves flying around me as I stumbled and fell onto the forest floor. Crud. My follower seemed to run all the way towards me, closing the distance between us as I hurried to get up from the floor and sped towards the pier, but surprisingly there wasn't anything boat, nor any mice in there waiting for a boat. Instead there was a boat parked next to the pier but there wasn't anyone on the boat. I turned around and faced the sea, enjoying the breeze on my face as a pair of paws wrapped around my waist, hugging my from behind. I let out a squeal of surprise before his steady breathing was on the crook of my neck. I smiled as he spun me around and kissed me lightly on the forehead, given that he was taller than I was. I shook my head lightly as he smirked, "why did you run?" He asked. 

My blood went cold. 

"You were the one?" I asked, astonished. Wow, nice one Moth.

"Obviously!" He threw his paws up into the sky, as I bit my lip and reached out my paw, gently slapping him on the arm before he lifted me up into the bridal style and carried me to the boat. 

"X.. Where did you get this boat?" I asked, amused by the decorations.

"They give it to me." He replied, and I got the hint so I didn't ask further. We drove in silence from now and then until we've reached the shore and he parked the boat before holding my paw and led me into the cafe. I looked around, nauseous since I've never seen any cafe like this, filled with a lot of mice dressed in clothing which probably cost a fortune. The waitress got us a seat and we sat in complete silence as I took off my large steel-grey coloured coat and hang it on to the back of my chair. X soon got our orders and the waitress carried our drinks to us after a while and he started the conversation. 

"I guess I'll have to tell you why did I accept that job. I know that teaching new people who came into this world via computers or by any chance are born into this virtual world is a boring job. And indeed it was." He began, taking a sip at his drink as I did the same. "But the thing is, I didn't take the job because I want to be an instructor or something. No, I just want to be a normal person and live my life in a tribe and found a lover and have a family, which, luckily I've found one." He said, winking as I felt heat creeping up to my cheek. I looked away in embarrassment.